Lumbini College of Buddhism and Himalayan Studies offers 2 years fulltime Semester-wise Master Degree program Under Arts Faculty such as MA Buddhism and Himalayan Studies. It is affiliated to Lumbini Buddhist University and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), Nepal. The fee structure of this Master Degree program is moderate.
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline with the option of class audit for those without a bachelor's degree.
Admission Procedure: Eligible and entrance passed candidates can directly contact along with necessary documents for admissions to MA Buddhism and Himalayan Studies program.
Scholarship: Lumbini College of Buddhism and Himalayan Studies, Kathmandu provides various scholarship schemes for deserving and economically disadvantaged group students on the basis of merit and quota system.
Features of MA Buddhism and Himalayan Studies:
- Academic program run under the leadership of Dr. Ramesh K. Dhungel, Professor of Buddhist Studies, Himalayan Cultures and Languages.
- Blessed by the Karmapa, the late 14th Shamarpa and various Buddhist masters and institutions.
- Collaboration with several European and American universities.
- Course structure balanced between lectures and seminars supported by Individualized or directed readings and independent projects.
- English medium instruction with option of examination in Nepali.
- Evening Classes suitable for working professionals.
- Merit and need based scholarships available.
- Faculty with diverse expertise, including highly experienced international, widely trained and internationally recognized scholars, Buddhist Geshes, Lamas and monks.
- Offering courses in Buddhist philosophy, history, cultures, languages (Tibetan, Sanskrit and Pali), heritage architecture, conservation techniques, etc.
- Offers a broad range of elective courses: Discourse Analysis, Digital Humanities, Traditional Himalayan Buddhist medicine, etc.
- Organized meditation, retreats and writing seminars/ workshops.
- Semester-based teaching and evaluation.
- Sponsored excursions for all students to Himalayan regions such as Mustang.
- Two stream courses with the option of concentration in Himalayan Buddhism and Buddhist Heritage Conservation.