BSc Forestry is an undergraduate program at Lumbini Technical University that focuses on the management of forest ecosystems in complex social environments. Here is an overview of the program:
- BSc Forestry is an applied science that aims to manage forest resources to meet society's growing needs for commodities, services, and a healthy environment.
- Foresters are professionals who manage natural and human elements of forest systems. Forestry requires a broad education, including knowledge in biological and physical sciences, social sciences, and management sciences.
- The program provides a basis for evaluating the complex interactions of forest ecosystems. It teaches students how to match human needs and desires with the sustainable capabilities of forests.
- Foresters are involved in the mapping of forested areas, preparing documents about forest resources and wild animals in forests, and are responsible for the protection of forests from campers and poachers.
- The program prepares students to maintain all technical data related to forests. They need to have good people's skill, good physique, physical fitness and mental fitness are required.
- People willing to work as foresters should be interested in environment, ecology, wildlife, and conservation.
- Job opportunities exist in Private and Public Sector Organizations, Forest based Industries, Research and Consultancy Industries, Development Organizations, NGO's, etc.