Diploma in Electronics Engineering in Nepal
Diploma in Electronics Engineering is three years full time diploma course with six semesters based on the semester system. It is intended to produce middle level skilled technical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills connected to the specialization areas of communication, digital electronics, and medical equipment (electronics) under Electronics Engineering streams so as to meet the requirement of such workforce in the country and to contribute in the national streamline of poverty reduction of the country.
Objectives Diploma in Electronics Engineering:
This curriculum has following objectives:
- To produce middle level skilled technical workforce/human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Electronics Engineering with specialization in the following areas of Communication, Medical equipment (electronics) and Digital electronics.
- To produce such technicians who are able to work in the local industrial sites of the country.
- To produce such technical workforce who will prove positive-attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- To help meet the requirement of such technical workforce for the industries of Nepal.
- To reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries.
- The total duration of this curricular program is three years (3 years, 6 semesters). Each year consists of two semesters of six months each.
- Individuals who have passed SLC / SEE or equivalent with Science, English, and Mathematics or related Technical SLC (TSLC)
- Candidates must have completed SLC / SEE or equivalent from recognized board with English, Science, and Mathematics or related Technical SLC (TSLC)
- Candidates must have passed entrance examination conducted by CTEVT.
- Candidate should be physically and mentally fit for the program.
- Individuals of lower economic status preferred.
Selection Procedure of Diploma in Electronics Engineering:
- Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.
Medium of instruction:
- The medium of instruction for this course will be in English and/or Nepali.
Pattern of attendance:
- The students must have Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination of Diploma in Electronics Engineering.