Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Nepal
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is three years full time Diploma level programs with six semesters based on the semester wise course. It is considered to produce middle-level skillful technical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills interrelated to the specialization areas of Product Design, Power Generation Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, and Industrial Engineering under mechanical engineering streams so as to meet the requirement of such workforce in the country and to assist in the national streamline of poverty reduction.
Objectives of Diploma in Maintenance Engineering:
This curriculum has following objectives:
- To produce middle level proficient technical human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in the areas of Industrial Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Power Generation Engineering and Product Design.
- To produce such technicians who are able to work in the local industrial areas of the country.
- To produce such technical workforce who will exhibit positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- To support meet the requirement of such technical workforce for the industries.
- To reduce the requirement on employing such technicians from foreign countries from Nepal.
- The total duration of this curricular program is three years (Total six semesters). Each year consists of two-semesters of six months each for this course.
- Individuals who have completed SLC /SEE or equivalent with English, Mathematics and Science, or related Technical SLC (TSLC) form CTEVT.
- Candidates must have completed SEE/SLC or equivalent examination from any recognized board with English, Science, and Mathematics or related Technical SLC (TSLC)
- Candidates must have passed entrance examination conducted by CTEVT.
- Candidate should be mentally and physically fit for the program.
- Candidates form lower economic family status preferred.
- Candidates fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.
Medium of instruction:
- The medium of instruction of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Nepal will be in English or Nepali.
Pattern of attendance:
- The candidates must have Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination