Madhesh Institute of Health Sciences (MIHS) was established in 2021 as a government medical educational institution located in Janakpurdham, Dhanusha Province 2 of Nepal. The Madhesh Swasthaya Bigyan Pratisthan established to help in fulfilling the aspiration of the people of the province to treat all the diseases within the hospital in a comfortable manner.
- To create sustainable local capacity for the specialized health care of the people.
- 500 Bed Specialised Teaching Hospital (Upgrading & Transformation of Provincial Hospital).
- Postgraduate Education facility as early as possible at Provincial Hospital.
Values: Passion, collaboration, integrity, good governance, and empowerment.
Vision: A province where timely and appropriate health care is accessible to everyone,.
Mission: To reduce suffering, disability, and poverty in Province-2 by enhancing specialized health care, research & education.
- To complete the obligations of the MIHS Act-2077: appointments & nominations.
- To convene the meeting of Sanchalak Parishad (Senate).
- To approve the budget.
- To approve Academic Program.
- To draw future plan of action (Project Committee).
Plans & Programs:
- Establish facility for undergraduate teaching in Medical, Dental & Nursing Specialty: MBBS, BDS, BSc/BN Nursing, and others.
- Acquisition of land and development of 700 Bed Teaching Hospital with all necessary infrastructure and equipment.