Madhesh Pradesh Lok Sewa Aayog (Province Public Service Commission PPSC Madhesh Province मधेश प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग): The constitution of Nepal specifies that with the adoption of federalism, a three-level government will be established in accordance with the constitutional spirit and purpose, and in order to move forward the public service in an agile, efficient and effective manner, there will be Province civil service, Province police service, Province, and other government services.
Accordingly, in order to promote the merit system by maintaining cleanliness and fairness in the selection of candidates for the above service positions, the recruitment and selection of employees have been done by an independent body. In the present context, it is stipulated in Article 244 of the Constitution of Nepal that there will be a Province Public Service Commission for the selection of necessary employees needed by the Province and local levels.
Provisions relating to Province Public Service Commission (PPSC)
Article 244 of the Constitution of Nepal provides the following provisions regarding the Provincial Public Service Commission:
(a) There will be a Province Public Service Commission in each Province.
(b) The constitution, work, duties, and powers of the Province Public Service Commission shall be in accordance with the law of the Province.
(c) For the purposes of subsection (2), the Federal Parliament shall enact a law and determine the basis and criteria.
According to the provision in clause (1) of Article 244 of the Constitution of Nepal, Province No. The Provincial Public Service Commission Act, 2076, passed by the Provincial Assembly of 2076 dated 2076-05-04 (21st August 2019) has been verified by the Honorable Head of the Province and is being implemented. According to the provisions related to the formation of the Province Public Service Commission, there is a provision to have a chairman and two other members in this commission.
The head of the Province shall appoint the chairperson and members with at least 1 woman on the recommendation of the committee consisting of the honorable chief minister-chairman, the honorable speaker-member of the provincial assembly, and the leader of the opposition party of the provincial assembly.
There is a provision to appoint from among the people who have been in government service for a period of more than 10 years and the rest of the members are appointed from among the people who have achieved fame through research, research, teaching, or any other important work in science, technology, art, literature, law, public administration, sociology or other fields of national life.
According to Section 13 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076, the Commission will select suitable candidates through one or more of the following methods:
a) Written Examination,
b) Practical Examination,
c) Skill Test,
d) Interviews and
e) Other methods prescribed by the Commission from time to time.
The work description of the Province Public Service Commission
- Commission's internal, general, and staff administration and public relations.
- Organization and Management Survey and Reform of the Commission.
- Regarding annual plan preparation, implementation, and reporting.
- Budget preparation, accounting management, keeping correct accounts of cash, cash, revenue, etc. and auditing.
- Whether the approved post is vacant or not, if it is vacant, whether it is demanded according to law or not, appointment, transfer, promotion according to law, monitoring, inspection, and supervision.
- Coordination with Public Service Commission and Province Public Service Commission.
- Preparation and publication of annual reports, journals, and bulletins of the Commission.
- Work related to the determination of the percentage of posts of various service group sub-groups.
- Actions related to performance evaluation, promotion, assignment, consent, and leave of the employees of the Commission.
- Necessary coordination regarding syllabus and minimum qualification required for advertisement publication.
- To perform other duties as directed by the Secretary.
The function of Publication of Information:
- General Administration and Staff Administration of the Commission.
- Conducting administrative surveys and preparing reports as per the requirements of the Commission and implementing/getting approved recommendations.
- Assistance in the work related to the conduct of the Commission meeting.
- To manage the tasks related to monitoring, inspection, and supervision of whether the approved post is vacant or not, if it is vacant, whether it is demanded according to the law or not, appointment, transfer, and promotion according to the law.
- To conduct the meetings of the Commission.
- Publish information and information to be published publicly at the specified time.
- Making available the details as required by law and from the spokesperson and information officer on time.
- Collecting demand for open and promoted posts, determining percentages, advertising and also preparing exam-related programs, and publishing advertisements and notices.
- To prepare records of received data related to public administration (except teachers and university services), Province civil service, and local government service.
- Publish syllabus, application form, bulletin, magazine, and other materials required to be published by the Commission for various posts.
- Arrangements for dissemination of advertisements and information of the Commission.
- To ascertain the minimum educational qualification and curriculum-related work of various required posts in the context of the advertisement published in coordination with the responsible department.
- Commission annual report preparation.
- Publish information as prescribed by the Act/Regulations regarding Right to Information.
- Prepare public awareness information related to the work of the Commission and disseminate it.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Regarding Registration Invoice and Helpdesk
- Registering letters received from other offices and making invoices for letters sent from other offices.
- The received letters will be forwarded to the respective branch.
- Stamping priority according to the priority and nature of the letter.
- Doing public relations work.
- To provide information to inquirers about the commission and commission-related work.
- The matter that you can provide information by yourself and for the matter that you cannot, send it to the relevant branch or officer for information.
- Receiving telephone calls and transferring them to the concerned branch.
- To carry out the internal administration of the commission.
- Procurement plan preparation, inventory management, and records management.
- Security and maintenance of movable and immovable properties of the Commission.
- Arrangement of supply and distribution of ginseng materials.
- Submitting a quality inspection report.
Policy Rules and Laws:
- Laws related to provincial civil service and local government services and consulting work on service changes.
- Work-related to consultation on the general principles to be followed in the appointment and promotion as per the Act.
- Consultation on the prevailing law regarding the service conditions of employees and the general principles to be followed in the appointment, promotion, and departmental action of such service posts.
- Actions related to written responses to complaints, writ petitions for promotion of Province civil and local government service employees.
- Providing legal advice to the Commission, drafting the Commission's Acts, Rules, Guidelines, Procedures etc.
- To take action related to policy determination regarding terms and conditions of Province civil service and local government service, transfer, promotion, change of service and departmental punishment etc.
- Submitting opinions and suggestions regarding the procedure of the commission.
- According to the decision of the commission, giving opinion and consultation regarding the revision of the laws/rules related to the Province civil service act and local government service.
- Submitting opinion suggestions regarding the delegation of authority to the Commission and analyzing the study regarding the effectiveness of the delegated authority.
- Information and information to be published publicly will be made available to the Administration and Information Publication Branch within the specified time period.
- To make the details available in time as required by the law and the information officer from the spokesperson and information officer.
- Submit an opinion to determine the policy for service change from one service, group or sub-group to another service, group, or sub-group and take necessary action according to the approval of the Commission.
- To prepare a consultation as approved by the commission regarding the departmental punishment given to the Province civil service and local government service employees.
- To take necessary action on grievances related to appointment, promotion and service conditions of Province civil service and local government service posts.
- Taking necessary action regarding the writ petition filed in the court as an opponent to the commission.
- Providing necessary legal opinion advice regarding the commission's work.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Regarding Syllabus and Examination Technique:
- Syllabus, Examination Techniques, Research and Development for Examinations conducted by the Commission.
- Research study analysis and development on various aspects of state civil service and local government service.
- Study and research on various aspects related to the work of the Commission.
- Determination of minimum educational qualifications and equivalence of posts in various service groups and sub-groups.
- Regarding psychological personality and behavior Examination.
- Making arrangements for creating and revising the syllabus of the written examination.
- To make arrangements regarding the preparation of the syllabus of the examination to be taken for the posts under the delegated authority.
- To give suggestions in solving the problems that arise within the curriculum area of state civil service and local government service.
- Analyzing studies on the appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Keeping in touch with various fields regarding the curriculum and taking opinions and feedback regarding the same.
- Evaluating and monitoring the curriculum.
Related to Financial Administration:
- Prepare current, capital, and development budgets.
- To carry out work related to accounting operations, audits, and unexplained returns.
- Keeping revenue accounts correct.
- Initiative to manage more budget.
- To make budget disbursement.
- Giving opinions during financial transactions.
- Providing financial data.
- To ensure compliance with the instructions prescribed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Planning/Provincial Controller of Accounts regarding expenditure standards.
- To do the work according to the instructions of the secretary and the head of the division.
Information Technology Related:
- To prepare information and communication technology-related plans and programs to keep the work of the commission fast, efficient, reliable, dignified, and confidential.
- To explore and suggest possibilities related to the use of the latest information and communication technology.
- To prepare and submit the necessary programs to prepare the necessary manpower related to information technology.
- Necessary coordination between regulatory and related bodies related to information technology.
- Construction and maintenance of information communication system.
- Identifying and recommending new technologies.
- Networking and Network Troubleshooting.
- Database maintenance and administration.
- System administration, software enhancement and modification, hardware maintenance.
- Prepare purchase plan for electrical, electronics, computer, laptop, check and give necessary suggestions.
- Public service recruitment management system operation and management.
- Identifying problems related to Online Application and searching for improvement measures.
- Implementing a File Tracking System.
- ICT Audit and submission of suggestions.
- Provide necessary support to Information and Publication Branch.
- Research work related to information technology.
- To do the necessary programming related to using information communication technology.
- Management of necessary policies and rules related to examination.
- Preparation of guidelines based on the minimum educational qualification and syllabus for the question makers, collection of raw questions and bank related work.
- Conducting open and internal competitive examinations conducted by the commission.
- Work related to marking of answer sheets.
- Conducting examination of examination answer sheets.
- Work related to exam conduct, result preparation.
- Work related to the collection, testing and result preparation of the answer sheets of the exams taken by OMR and other technologies. Also, forming a team as needed to carry out the test work as directed.
- To nominate skilled/experts from concerned honorable members for collecting the raw question papers as required for the written examination.
- Arrange the examination building and conduct the examination.
- Submitting necessary suggestions regarding the improvement of examination conduct.
- Conducting work related to group discussion examination.
- To compile and update the list of question makers, skilled and experts on various subjects.
- Prepare an approved list by screening the applications as per the advertisement.
- Study the problems related to the application and decide before conducting the examination.
- Understanding the answer sheets of examinations taken by OMR and other techniques.
Written Exam Result Preparation:
- Second digitized answer sheets will be digitized from branch to branch for examination.
- Compile and tabulate the scores of the answer sheets received after the examination.
- Prepare the ledger and determine the merit order of the examinees based on the second signal and send the written result to the publication branch secretly.
- Arrangements for re-registration in case of receipt of a letter from the written examination result publication branch for re-registration.
- Compile and update the list of experts in various subjects.
Publication of Written Exam Result:
- A confidential envelope will be sent from the Written Examination Preparation Branch for the publication of the Written Examination Result.
- Publish the results on the basis of marks and rank and coordinate with the relevant branch to determine the schedule of interviews and other examinations.
- The second signal number from the chairman and the half-cuts of the first signal number from the secretary will be done to publish the results.
- Collecting applications received for recycling and sending them to the concerned branch.
- Coordinating with the advertising department.
- Prepare Decode of Written Exam Result.
Interview and recommendation:
- To modify the questions required for the examination (modification of the question paper).
- Conducting work related to interviews and preparing and implementing necessary guidelines related to interviews.
- Recommending candidates who passed the examination (written and interview) according to demand.
Question Paper Modification:
- Nominate skilled candidates in time from the officials of the commission and revise the question papers.
- To give necessary suggestions regarding the process to be adopted by the experts while revising the question paper and the recognition approved by the commission.
- Checking the quality of revised question papers and preparing required number of question papers.
- Updating the Skilled List.
- Making the required set of matching question papers available in the repository.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Interview and recommendation:
- Arranging interviews of candidates at the specified time.
- Compile and update the list of experts in various subjects.
- Conducting work related to nomination of skilled and expert for interview.
- To check whether the educational qualification of the candidate matches with the advertised post or not.
- To verify the complete proof of the certificates submitted by the candidates before the interview.
- Preparing and recommending merit list of candidates.
- Monitoring whether the recommended candidates are appointed according to the rules.
- Conducting practical tests and skill tests.
Province Public Service Commission Madhesh Province,
Janakpur sub-metropolitan city, Nepal
Email: [email protected]