The National Investigation Department (Rastriya Anusandhan Bibhag - in Nepali: राष्ट्रिय अनुसन्धान विभाग) is an intelligence agency established in the Union as provided in the Constitution of Nepal. It is the responsibility of this organization to provide all kinds of information required by the government for the protection of the independence, sovereignty, geographical integrity, independence, internal and national security, and interests of the state of Nepal.
In addition to various areas of national security, the important task of the department is to collect information related to economic and financial crimes, terrorism, organized crime, and other crimes, religion, culture, language, and disrupting the harmony between communities. The Central Office of this Department is located at Singha Durbar under the Office of the Government of Nepal, Prime Minister, and Council of Ministers.
The Department of National Investigation cordially requests the general Nepali citizens to contribute to the strengthening of the national security system by providing any information that will help in the promotion of national security and national interest.
Information may be made available on the Department and its affiliated offices or on the Department's website (www.nidept.gov.np). The security and source of the information received by the department will be kept completely confidential.
Singhadurbar, Kathmandu, Nepal
Email: [email protected]
- National Investigation No. 1 Province Office Dharan, Sunsari - 025-520567
- National Investigation No. 2 Province Office Janakpur, Dhanusha - 041-420133
- National Research Bagmati Province Office Hetauda, Makwanpur- 057-521341
- National Research Gandaki Province Office Pokhara, Kaski- 061-464552
- National Research Lumbini Province Office Butwal, Rupandehi - 071-540127
- National Research Karnali Province Office Virendranagar, Surkhet - 083-521781
- National Research Sudurpashchim Province Office Dhangadhi, Kailali - 091-521177