Pokhara University Faculty of Management Studies Office of the Dean Announces Admission for Scholarship & Fee Paying MBA /MBA-Evening Program (MBA-EP)/MBA (Finance)/MBA (Global Business) / Executive MBA(EMBA)/MCIS and MHCM
Pokhara University's Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) has announced admission for various postgraduate programs for the March 2023 intake. The programs include Masters of Business Administration (MBA), MBA-Evening Program (MBA-EP), MBA(Finance), MBA(Global Business), Executive MBA(EMBA), Masters of Computer Information System (MCIS), and Masters of Health Care Management (MHCM).
Pokhara University FMS offers various master’s programs in business administration, computer information systems and health care management. You can choose from the following options:
- MBA: A two-year full-time program that prepares you for leadership roles in various sectors. You will learn the core concepts and skills of management along with electives in your area of interest.
- MBA-Evening Program (MBA-EP): A two-year part-time program that caters to the needs of working professionals who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in management. You will attend classes in the evening and weekends without affecting your work schedule.
- MBA (Finance): A two-year full-time program that focuses on financial management and analysis. You will gain expertise in accounting, finance, banking, investment and risk management.
- MBA (Global Business): A two-year full-time program that exposes you to the global business environment and challenges. You will learn about international trade, marketing, strategy and culture.
- Executive MBA (EMBA): An 18-month part-time program that is designed for senior executives who want to advance their careers. You will learn from experienced faculty and peers while developing your strategic thinking and decision making skills.
- Master of Computer Information Systems (MCIS): A two-year full-time program that integrates computer science and information systems. You will learn how to design, develop and manage information systems for various domains such as e-commerce, health care, education and government.
- Master of Health Care Management (MHCM): A two-year full-time program that equips you with the knowledge and skills to manage health care organizations effectively. You will learn about health policy, quality improvement, human resources, finance and ethics.
Eligibility for Admission:
For the MBA program, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or an equivalent with 15 years of formal education (12 years of schooling and three years of graduation) in any discipline with a minimum CGPA of 2.0, second division or 45% in the bachelor's level.
Applicants applying for the Executive MBA program must have a minimum of two years of work experience at the supervisory or executive level in the organized sector.
For the MCIS program, candidates should have a bachelor's degree in BIT/BCA/BCISIBIM/BBIS or an equivalent with 2.5/4 CGPA (in the second division) or above.
For the MHCM program, applicants must have a minimum of 15 years of formal education: 12 years of schooling plus three years of graduation, BHCM degree or Post Graduate Diploma in FICM, Bachelor degree in health science field, or equivalent degree with 2.5/4 CGPA (in second division) or above.
Undergraduate students who have completed their bachelor's level and are waiting for the final semester/year result (before March 2023) can apply on a provisional basis, provided they have already appeared in the final semester/year examination.
The application form is available on the respective websites of the concerned schools/colleges. Applicants can submit an online application and are encouraged to apply online. The application fee for all the programs is Rs.2,500 for fee-paying and Rs.2000 for scholarship candidates.
The application for a scholarship can also be submitted online via www.pu.edu.np. For detailed information about the scholarship, please refer to our website www.pu.edu.np, or https://scholarship.pu.edu.np
- Application opens from: 2079/12/02 (March.16, 2023)
- Last date of application form submission:
- For Scholarship: 2079/12/17 (March 31, 2023)
- For fee Paying (PUMAT): 2079/12/24 (April 07, 2023)
- Written Exam Date, Time, and Venue:
- For Scholarship: 2079/12/21, (April 04, 2023) 8:00 AM, School of Business, Pokhara University
- For fee Paying (PUMAT) admission test date time and venue: 2079/12/27, (April 10, 2023)
- The time and venue for the admission test will be notified later.