Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology ( TU IoST), Dean's Office, Kathmandu, Nepal
Notification regarding academic admission 2079
Information has been published for the candidates who are interested in doing academic research after being enrolled in the academic year 2079 in the central departments under the Institute of Science and Technology (IoST) on the above subject. Detailed information can be obtained from the relevant central departments.
Detailed information regarding student registration
(1) Information regarding Ph.D. Admission 2079:
(a) Eligibility: To do as per PhD Regulation (https://www.tuiost.edu.np/storage/download/phd-booklet2021300.pdf)
(b) Provisions relating to the application form:
(i) Applicants who wish to do a Ph.D. from Tribhuban University, Institute of Science and Technology (IoST) must submit a proposal for registration from 05-28-2079 to 07-25-2079. The application form (Application Form for the Enrollment in Ph.D. Program) should be filled out and submitted to the concerned central department (https://www.tuiost.edu.np/storage/download/form-phd-new-admission874.pdf)
(ii) The proposals of the candidates who have duly submitted the Research Proposal must be submitted to the TU IoST by 08-16-2079 by the concerned department within 07-07-2079. Along with this, the entrance exam application form (https://www.tuiost.edu.np/storage/download/entrance-form-phd-new849.pdf) should also be filled out and sent.
(iii) Program related to entrance examination:
- The applicant has to submit the proposal defense fee to the concerned central department.
- Regarding the entrance exam question paper:
- 50 objective questions will be asked out of which:
- 70% of related subjects and 30% of related subjects will be related to Research Methodology.
(3) Minimum Qualification for Education:
- A candidate must pass the entrance exam conducted by loST, TU.
- A candidate requires at least a second division or 3.0/4.0 CGPA in the master level (M.Sc. in respective discipline or M.A. in Mathematics and Statistics from T.U. or from any University recognized by T.U.)
- Candidate passed with 2nd division or 3/4.0 CGPA must have 2 years of work experience.
- Candidate passed with First division or 3.3/4.0 CGPA must have | year work experience.
- Candidate passed with distinction or 3.7/4.0 CGPA need not require work experience.
- For interdisciplinary: the candidate must complete 30 CH (Credit Hour) conversion courses.
- The candidate who takes 30 CH courses after joining the department he/she will be eligible to be awarded a Ph.D. Degree from that department.
4) Required Documents:
- Form (Entrance form and Application form for the Enrollment)
- Ph.D. Proposal
- Academic Certificate of Candidate
- Bio-data of Candidate
- Bio-data of Supervisor/Co-supervisor
- Acceptance Letter of Supervisor/Co-supervisor
- Recommendation of CDRC
- No Objection Letter from Office if employed
- Nature of Job and Experience Letter
- Part-Time Ph.D. or Full-Time Ph.D.
- Assurance letter of study leaves from the employer for full-time researcher candidate.
Priority will be given to that candidate who has at least one paper in peer reviewed Journal. This will be applicable while registering in the department.
In the case of a teacher working in TU who wants to be admitted as a full-time research student, a pre-approval letter should be obtained from the Office of the Principal, Coordination Division. In the case of others, NOC has to be submitted.
PhD Admission Open Tribhuvan University