The Office of Controller of Examinations (OCE) ( Nepali: परिक्षा नियन्त्रण कार्यलय) is established under the Government of Nepal / Ministry of Education (MoE). Its main functions are to manage and conduct the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) Examinations (Now, Secondary Education Examination - SEE). The first SLC examinations were held in 1934(1990BS). Since then several improvements have occurred in the practice of conducting SLC-Examination. The Office of Controller of Examinations conducts National Level Examination of more than Three Hundred (300) thousand students every year. The SLC / SEE examination has become an important part of the life of a student as it determines the educational career path of him/her. The Office of the Controller of Examinations (OCE) is located at Sanothimi, Bhaktapur. The Office of Controller of Examinations (OCE) has been working as a recognized institution of examination under the Ministry of Education (MoE). It is located at Sanothimi, Bhaktapur.
VISION of OCE
- Establish itself as a National Evaluation Institute for School education assessment, testing, and examinations.
GOAL of OCE
- The main goal of OCE is to strengthen the reliability, validity, and global competitiveness of national, district and school level examinations (SLC).
OBJECTIVES of OCE
- Develop a National System of assessment and standardized testing.
- Establish a strong system of analyzing result and feeding this information back to school.
- Improve the quality of test paper and ensuring reliability in marking.
- Develop the student performance and curriculum materials based test items.
- Manage time bond examinations, results, and awarding certificate to SLC graduate.
- Conduct research activities related to assessment and examinations.
- Systematize the accreditation of Examiner, Head Examiner, and Question Setter.
- Start the decentralized system of SLC Examinations activities.