Bagmati Pradesh Lok Sewa Aayog (Province Public Service Commission Bagmati Province - प्रदेश लोकसेवा आयोग, बागमती प्रदेश) was established in 2019 AD (2076 BS) as a government institution and the central office is located in Makwanpur, Hetauda, Nepal. In short from PPSC Bagmati Pradesh.
Bagmati Pradesh Loksewa Aayog Official website is www.ppsc.bagamati.gov.np: you can check the regular notice of exam, vacancy, result, recommendation, online application, syllabus, news, etc.
Article 244, Clause (1) of the Constitution of Nepal provides that there shall be a Province Public Service Commission (Pradesh Lok Sewa Aayog) in each province. In order to make arrangements regarding the rights and procedures, the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076 BS has been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Bagmati Province on 28th Bhadra 2076 BS and has been ratified by the Chief of the Province on 28th Ashoj 2076 BS.
Pursuant to Article (4) of the Provincial Public Service Commission Act, 2076 BS, the Provincial Public Service Commission has been formed with the appointment of the chairperson on Magh 2, 2076 BS.
Functions, Duties, and Rights of the Commission:
Article 10 of the Province Public Service Commission Act 2076 provides that the functions, duties, and powers of the Province Public Service Commission shall be as follows:
(1) It shall be the duty of the Commission to conduct an examination to select suitable candidates for the post of Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service, Service of Province Organized Institution, Local Government Service, and Service of Local Level Organized Institution.
(2) The Commission shall conduct a written examination for the filling of posts in the Province Police Service.
(3) The Commission shall be consulted when making permanent appointments to the posts of Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service, Province Service Organization, Local Government Service, and Local Level Organization.
(4) No permanent appointment shall be made to the post receiving a pension from the Province Government or the local level without the consultation of the Commission.
(5) The Commission shall be consulted on the following matters:
Regarding the suitability of the candidate for appointment to the post of Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service and Local Government Service for a period of more than six months,
Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Services, Province Organizational Service and Local Government Service and Service of Employees in Local Government Organizations
Regarding the principles to be followed in the appointment, promotion and departmental action of the Civil Service, Province Other Government Services, Service of the Province Organized Institution and Local Government Service and Service of the Local Level Organized Institution,
Regarding the principles to be followed while appointing and promoting to the post of Province Police Service,
Regarding the suitability of the candidate when transferring or promoting from one type of Province Civil Service or Local Government Service to another type of Province Civil Service or Local Government Service or from another Province Government Service to Province Civil Service or Local Government Service.
In case of permanent transfer or promotion to the post of an employee who does not need to be consulted by the Commission,
Regarding the departmental punishment to be given to the employees of Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service or Local Government Service.
(7) The Commission may delegate any of its functions, duties, and powers to the Chairperson of the Commission or to any member or employee of the Province Government subject to the prescribed conditions to be exercised and complied with.
(8) Other functions, duties, and powers of the Commission shall be in accordance with the Province Law.
Details of secretariat structure:
Paragraph 4, Article 11 of the Commission provides that there shall be a central office in the capital of the province for the operation and management of the commission and the commission may establish offices under the commission in other places within the province as required. Similarly, the organizational structure of the commission and the posts of the staff will be approved by the Province Government on the recommendation of the Commission.
Pradesh Lok Sewa Aayog Bagmati Pradesh, Hetauda, Makwanpur, Nepal
Phone: +977-57-590613, +977-57-590614, +977-57-590615
Email: [email protected]