Province Public Service Commission, Sudurpashchim Province (PPSC Sudurpashchim - Sudurpashchim Pradesh Lok Sewa Aayog - प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग, सुदूरपश्चिम प्रदेश) was established in the year 2077 BS (2021 AD). After the promulgation of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nepal, Province Public Service Commissions were formed in all seven provinces to maintain cleanliness and fairness in the selection of suitable candidates for the posts of Provincial Civil Service, Province Police Service, Provincial Other Government Service, Provincial Organized Organization Service, Local Government Service and Local Level Organized Organization Service. In order to make the public administration competent, strong, and service-oriented while promoting the merit system, the Province Public Service Commission is provided for in Part 23 Article 244 of the Constitution.
Formation of Province Public Service Commission:
Based on the Province Public Service Commission (Determination of Basis and Standards) Act, 2075, made by the Federal Parliament in accordance with the Constitution of Nepal, the Provincial Assembly of the Far West Province, in accordance with the sub-section (2) of Article 244 of the Constitution of Nepal, to make provisions regarding the formation, work duties and rights of the Provincial Public Service Commission. The Public Service Commission Act, 2076 was made and implemented from Sharan 15th, 2076.
In Section 3 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076, the Province Public Service Commission shall have a maximum of three members, including the Chairman, and at least one woman, and to recommend the appointment of the Chairman and members of the Province Chief Minister, the Chairman, the Speaker of the Province Assembly and the Leader of the Opposition in the Province Assembly. The recommendation committee, which is a member, should recommend Nepali citizens who have met the specified qualifications and criteria for appointment as the chairman or member of the commission and the recommendation made by the recommendation committee based on the principle of inclusiveness shall appoint the chairman and members of the Province Public Service Commission. One member from among the persons who have been in any government service for a period of twenty years or more and the remaining members are distinguished by research, teaching, or any other important work in science, technology, art, literature, law, public administration, sociology or other fields of national life. According to section 3 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076, from the head of the Province to be appointed from among the persons who have been appointed On the 9th of Chaitra 2077, Mr. Yagyaraj Baehra was appointed as the chairman of the commission, Mr. Laxman Bahadur Khadka and Mr. Bhagarathi Rana were appointed as members, and after taking the oath on the 18th of Chaitra 2077, the commission started its work.
Functions, Duties, and Powers of the Commission:
It is stipulated in sub-section (1) of Section 7 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076 that it shall be the duty of the Province Public Service Commission to conduct examinations to select suitable candidates for appointment to the posts of Province Civil Service and Local Government Service.
"Province Civil Service" means the Provincial Police Service and other Provincial Government Services and Provincial Civil Service except the services prescribed by the Provincial Law and Local Government Service means the local service established by law in accordance with Article 285 of the Constitution. It is defined in Section 2 of the Act.
Similarly, in addition to the Province civil service posts, the Province public service commission is responsible for conducting the written examination for filling the posts of Province police service, Province other government services, Province organized organization service and local level organized organization service. Section 7 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076 It is mentioned in sub-section (2).
In addition to the above responsibilities and duties, the provision to consult the Province Public Service Commission on the following matters is contained in Section 7 (4) of the Province Public Service Act, 2076.
(a) regarding the suitability of the candidate for appointment to Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service posts and Local Government Service posts for a period of more than 6 months,
(b) Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service, Province Organized Organization Service, and Local Government Service and Local Level Organized Organization Service, in the matter of the law relating to the conditions,
(c) Regarding the principle to be followed in the appointment, promotion, and departmental action in the Province civil service, Province other government services, Province organized organization service and local government service, and local level organized organization service,
(d) Regarding the principle to be adopted in the appointment and promotion to the post of Province Police Service,
(e) regarding the suitability of a candidate for transfer or promotion from one type of Province civil service or local government service to another type of Province civil service or local government service or from another Province government service to a Province civil service or local government service post
(f) Regarding the punishment to be meted out to employees of Province Civil Service, Province Other Government Service or Local Government Service.
In addition to the above-mentioned work, duties, and rights, there is a provision that the use of other works, duties, and rights performed by the Commission should be done according to the following basis and standards.
1) Basic principles and principles of the prevailing legal system related to the Public Service Commission
2) Types of examinations to be conducted for selection of suitable candidates for various services, curriculum design, determination of test methods, selection of experts, preparation and modification of question papers, examination conduct, use of reference number in answer booklets, examination of answer booklets, conduct of interviews, publication of results and recommendations etc. Practices, methods, and standards adopted by the Public Service Commission in connection with proceedings.
Candidate Selection Process:
Section 15 of the Province Public Service Commission Act, 2076, the Commission will select suitable candidates through one or more of the following methods in addition to the written examination.
(a) Practical Examination
(b) Skill Test
(c) Interviews and
(d) Other methods prescribed by the Commission from time to time.
The Province Public Service Commission prepares an annual work schedule for the candidate selection process. It also mentions the details of the selection process at various stages from the determination of the percentage of vacant posts.
After receiving the request to fill the vacant post from the relevant body, the Province Public Service Commission determines the number of posts for filling the post according to the relevant laws and regulations. After determining the number of posts, the Commission will publish advertisements through the website of the Commission and daily newspapers of the Province level or other means of communication as required.
At the time of advertisement, applications are invited with a deadline of 21 days and additional 7 days for internal competitive examination. The application is collected from the office of Province Public Service Commission and online.
After scrutinizing the applications received for the advertised posts, admit cards are issued to the candidates to join the examination. In order to maintain the fairness and accuracy of the selection process, the commission has adopted a policy of neutrality by adopting a system in which the officials involved in the written examination and interview cannot know each other's work and actions in the preparation of question papers, revision of question papers, examination of answer sheets, conduct of interviews and interviews.
The Chairman of the Commission presides over the meetings of the Commission, coordinates the work assigned to the members and provides policy guidance.
Office of the Commission:
It is arranged that there will be an office to assist in the operations of the commission and there will be a secretary of the authorized level (eleventh level) of the administration service as the head of the office.
Functions of Secretariat:
1) To implement the decisions of the commission.
2) To monitor, coordinate and control administrative and economic activities according to law
- Commission's internal, general and staff administration and public relations.
- Organization and Management Survey and Reform of the Commission.
- Regarding annual plan preparation, implementation and reporting.
- Budget preparation, accounting management, keeping correct accounts of cash, cash, revenue, etc. and auditing.
- Whether the approved post is vacant or not, if it is vacant, whether it is demanded according to law or not, appointment, transfer, promotion according to law, monitoring, inspection and supervision.
- Coordination with Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission.
- Preparation and publication of annual reports, magazines, bulletins of the Commission.
- Work related to determination of percentage of posts in various service group sub-groups.
- Actions related to performance evaluation, promotion, assignment, consent, leave of the employees of the Commission.
- Necessary coordination regarding syllabus and minimum qualification required for advertisement publication.
- To perform other duties as directed by the Secretary.
Administration and Information Publication Branch:
- General Administration and Staff Administration of the Commission.
- Conducting administrative surveys and preparing reports as per the requirements of the Commission and implementing/getting approved recommendations.
- Assistance in the work related to the conduct of the Commission meeting.
- To manage the tasks related to monitoring, inspection and supervision whether the approved post is vacant or not, if it is vacant, whether it is required according to the law or not, appointment, transfer, promotion according to the law.
- To conduct the meetings of the Commission.
- Publish information and information to be published publicly at the specified time.
- Making available the details as required by the law and the information officer in time from the spokesperson and information officer.
- Collecting demand for open and promoted posts, determining percentages, advertising and also preparing exam-related programs and publishing advertisements and notices.
- Prepare records of received data related to public administration (except teacher and university services), state civil service and local government service.
- Publish syllabus, application form, bulletin, magazine and other materials required to be published by the Commission for various posts.
- Making arrangements for the promotion and dissemination of advertisements and notices of the Commission.
- To ascertain the minimum educational qualification and curriculum related work of the various posts required in the context of advertisement publication in coordination with the responsible department.
- Commission annual report preparation.
- Publish information as prescribed by the Act/Rules regarding Right to Information.
- Prepare public awareness information related to the work of the Commission and disseminate it.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Registration Invoice and Helpdesk:
- Registering letters received from other offices and making invoices for letters sent from other offices.
- The received letters will be forwarded to the concerned department and branch.
- Stamping priority according to the priority and nature of the letter.
- Doing public relations work.
- To provide information to the inquirers on the commission and commission related work.
- The matter that he can provide information by himself and for the matter that he cannot, send it to the relevant branch or officer for information.
- Receiving telephone calls and transferring them to the concerned branch division.
- To carry out the internal administration of the Commission.
- Procurement plan preparation, inventory management and records management.
- Security and maintenance of movable and immovable properties of the Commission.
- Arrangement of supply and distribution of ginseng materials.
- Submitting a quality inspection report.
Policy Rules and Laws Branch:
- Laws related to state civil service and local government services and consulting work on service changes.
- Work related to consultation on the general principle to be followed in the appointment and promotion as per the Act.
- Consultation on the prevailing law related to the service conditions of employees and the general principles to be followed in the appointment, promotion and departmental action of such service posts.
- Actions related to the written response to the promotion complaints, writ petitions of provincial civil and local government service employees.
- Providing legal advice to the Commission, drafting of Acts, Rules, Guidelines, Procedures etc. of the Commission.
- To take action related to policy determination on the conditions and facilities of state civil service and local government service, transfer, promotion, change of service and departmental punishment etc.
- Submitting opinions and suggestions regarding the procedure of the commission.
- According to the decision of the commission, giving opinion and consultation regarding the amendment of the laws/rules related to the state civil service act and local government service.
- Submitting opinions and suggestions regarding delegation of authority to the Commission and analyzing studies regarding the effectiveness of delegated authority.
- Making information and information to be published publicly available to the Administration and Information Publication Branch within the specified time period.
- To make the details available in time as required by the law and the information officer from the spokesperson and information officer.
- Submit an opinion to determine the policy for service change from one service, group or subgroup to another service, group or subgroup and take necessary action according to the approval of the Commission.
- To prepare a consultation as approved by the commission regarding the departmental punishment given to the state civil and local government service employees.
- Taking necessary action on complaints related to the appointment, promotion and service conditions of state civil service and local government service posts.
- To take necessary action regarding the writ petition submitted to the court as an opponent to the commission.
- Providing necessary legal opinion advice regarding the commission's work.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Curriculum and Testing Technology Branch
- Syllabus, Test Techniques, Research and Development for Examinations conducted by the Commission.
- Research study analysis and development in various aspects of state civil service and local government service.
- Study and research on various aspects related to the work of the Commission.
- Determination of minimum educational qualifications and equivalence of posts in various service groups and sub-groups.
- Regarding psychological personality and behavior test.
- Making arrangements for creating and revising the syllabus of the written examination.
- To make arrangements regarding the preparation of the syllabus of the examination to be taken for the posts under the delegated authority.
- To give suggestions in solving the problems that arise within the curriculum area of state civil service and local government service.
- Analyzing studies on the appropriateness, timeliness and effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Keeping in touch with various fields regarding the curriculum and taking opinions and feedback regarding the same.
- Evaluating and monitoring the curriculum.
Financial Administration Branch
- Prepare current, capital and development budgets.
- Conducting accounting operations, audits and accounting related work.
- Keeping revenue accounts correct.
- Initiative to manage more budget.
- To make budget disbursement.
- Giving opinions during financial transactions.
- Providing financial data.
- To ensure compliance with the instructions prescribed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Planning/Provincial Controller of Accounts in relation to expenditure standards.
- To do the work according to the instructions of the secretary and the head of the division.
Information Technology Branch
- To prepare information and communication technology-related plans and programs to keep the work of the commission fast, efficient, reliable, dignified and confidential.
- To explore and suggest possibilities related to the use of latest information and communication technology.
- To prepare and submit the necessary programs to prepare the necessary manpower related to information technology.
- Necessary coordination between regulatory and related bodies related to information technology.
- Construction and maintenance of information communication system.
- Identifying and recommending new technologies.
- Networking and Network Troubleshooting.
- Database maintenance and administration.
- System administration, software enhancement and modification, hardware maintenance.
- Prepare purchase plan for electrical, electronics, computer, laptop, check and give necessary suggestions.
- Public service recruitment management system operation and management.
- Identifying problems related to Online Application and searching for improvement measures.
- Implementing a File Tracking System.
- ICT Audit and submission of suggestions.
- Providing necessary support to the Information and Publication Branch.
- Research work related to information technology.
- To do the necessary programming related to using information communication technology.
- Management of necessary policies and rules related to examination.
- Preparation of guidelines based on the minimum educational qualification and syllabus for the question makers, compilation of raw questions and bank related work.
- Conducting open and internal competitive examinations conducted by the commission.
- Work related to marking of answer sheets.
- Conducting examination of examination answer sheets.
- Work related to exam conduct, result preparation.
- Work related to the collection, testing and result preparation of the answer sheets of the exams taken by OMR and other technologies. Also, forming a team as needed to carry out the test work as per instructions.
Examination Conducting Branch
- To nominate skilled/experts from concerned honorable members for collecting raw question papers as required for written examination.
- Arrange the examination building and conduct the examination.
- Submitting necessary suggestions regarding the improvement of examination conduct.
- Conducting work related to group discussion examination.
- Compile and update list of question makers, skilled and experts on various subjects.
- Prepare an approved list by screening the applications as per the advertisement.
- Study the problems related to the application and decide before conducting the examination.
- Understanding the answer sheets of examinations taken by OMR and other techniques.
Written Exam Result Preparation Branch
- Second digitized answer sheets will be digitized from branch to branch for examination.
- Compile and tabulate the scores of the answer sheets received after examination.
- Prepare the ledger and determine the merit order of the examinees based on the second signal and send the written result to the publication branch confidentially.
- Arrangements for re-registration in case of receipt of letter from the written examination result publication branch for re-registration.
- Compile and update the list of experts in various subjects.
Written Examination Result Publication Branch:
- A confidential envelope will be sent from the Written Examination Preparation Branch for the publication of the Written Examination Result.
- Publish the results on the basis of marks and rank and coordinate with the relevant branch to determine the schedule of interviews and other examinations.
- The second signal number from the chairman and the half-cuts of the first signal number from the secretary will do the work related to the publication of results.
- Collecting applications received for recycling and sending them to the concerned branch.
- Coordinating with advertising department.
- Prepare Decode of Written Exam Result.
Interview and Recommendation Division:
- To modify the questions required for the examination (modification of the question paper).
- Conducting work related to interviews and preparing and implementing necessary guidelines related to interviews.
- Recommending candidates who passed the examination (written and interview) according to demand.
Question Paper Revision Branch:
- Nominate skilled candidates in time from the officials of the commission and revise the question papers.
- To give necessary suggestions regarding the process to be adopted by the experts while revising the question paper and the recognition approved by the commission.
- Checking the quality of revised question papers and preparing required number of question papers.
- Updating the Skilled List.
- Making the required set matching question papers available in the repository.
- Perform other duties as specified.
Interview and Recommendation Branch:
- Arranging interview of candidates at specified time.
- Compile and update the list of experts in various subjects.
- Conducting work related to nomination of skilled and expert for interview.
- To check whether the educational qualification of the candidate matches with the advertised post or not.
- To verify the complete proof of the certificates submitted by the candidates before the interview.
- Preparing and recommending merit list of candidates.
- Monitoring whether the recommended candidates are appointed according to the rules.
- Conducting practical tests and skill tests.
Province Public Service Commission, Sudurpaschim Province, Dhangadhi, Kailali
Phone: 091-527600, 091-527604,
Email: [email protected], [email protected]