Damak Model Secondary School (DMSS) was established in 1996 AD (2053 B.S.) as a private owned secondary school located in Damak, Jhapa district of Nepal. It is affiliated to Naitonal Examinations Board (NEB) and approved by Ministry of Education. It is the first secondary education provider in Damak and Western Jhapa district. Since its establishment, has been offering education at secondary level, i.e. at (10+2) level, serving students to develop academic foundation in Science, Management, Humanities and Education.
It is one of the largest education providers in the region, have left the legacy of entrepreneurship, leadership, and social responsibility, in the development of education, in the Eastern Nepal.
Salient Features of Damak Model Secondary School:
Damak Model Secondary School is the pioneer in the field of education in Damak and western Jhapa, always one step ahead of others, leaving legacy for others to toddle.
- Education Philosophy - It has developed the education philosophy of "Right Education" which is a sound blend of 3Cs-Competence, Culture and Compassion. "Right Education" ensures holistic education required for utilizing opportunities and addressing challenges of the digital age.
- Teaching Philosophy - It has adopted the teaching philosophy of "Constructive Teaching" to help students learn rather than just delivering lectures traditionally. "Constructive Teaching" encourages teachers to adopt proactive approaches to teaching aided by modern technology intended towards addressing the diverse needs and expectation.
- Qualified, Dedicated and Responsible Faculties- It has a pool of qualified, dedicated and responsible faculties from various disciplines with necessary expertise, experience, energy and enthusiasm.
- Modern Management Practices - It has applied modern practices to impart education, in a systematic manner, intended towards addressing interest of all the stakeholders. Its modern practice is a complete package with programs like 365 Counseling Service, Coordination Mechanism, Evaluation Mechanism and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Students' Support Programs - DMSS knows its prime responsibility of empowering students with knowledge, skills, attitudes and culture. To facilitate this, has launched various students' support programs like Support Classes for academically weak students, Non Credit Programs like computer trainings to technically empower students, Leadership Development Programs to initiate leadership in students and Personality Development Program to develop integrated personality.
- Conducive Environment – It has created a conducive environment to support its educational mission. Its conducive environment is the outcome of the followings which are well managed:
- Physical Facilities – Earthquake Resilient Buildings, Spacious Premises, Hostel Facility
- Educational Facilities - Science Laboratory, Computer Laboratory, Library, Internet and Wi-Fi Service
- Reliable Transportation Service
- Affordable Fee Structure
- Generous Scholarship Programs