Dhankuta Institute of Health Science was established in 1998 (2055 BS) and located in Bich Bazar-6, Dhankuta district of Nepal. It is affiliated to Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT). Itis accredited from Nepal Nursing Council (NNC) and Nepal Health Professional Council. It offers Technical Education in Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM), PCL in General Medicine-Health Assistant (HA) and TSLC in Community Medicine Assistant-CMA.
It has Facilitated with all sorts of physical facilities well equipped science labs and peaceful environment. Dhankuta Institute of Health science is situated at Dhankuta, Dhankuta Municipality ward no.- 6.
Aims & Objectives:
- To encourage the students to cultivate the spirit of health science.
- To provide cost effective health workers training program.
- To provide capable Health Assistant(HA), Community Medicine Assistant (CMA) and Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery(ANM) needed to provide basic primary health services through hospital, PHCC, HP and SHP, as well as NGO and INGO.
- To provide opportunity for self-employment through skills based training.
- To raise awareness builds the capacity of paramedical to analyze community health situation and to take action for improving community health.
- To link education with productive employment.
- To provide technical manpower required for rural and urban development efforts.
- To prepare graduates for successful gainful employment.
- To strengthen the country's education especially in Nursing.
Vision: Hence this institute will enhance the middle level health activities for socio-economic growth of the nation.
Mission: The mission of this institution is to impart technical education in the field of nursing to produce quality manpower with high moral and academic excellence.
To maintain a healthy academic environment, this institute offers the following facilities.
- Maximum scholarship awards on merit to deserving students.
- Highly motivated and caring teachers with experience and qualification.
- Modern teaching equipment and methodology.
- Well-furnished and rich library.
- Fully equipped clinical and health laboratories.
- Extracurricular activities though extra activities council, sports, cultural program. Different types of sports and academic competition.
- Cafeteria for lunch and light refreshment on subsidized cost.
- Hostel for girls separately.