Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus, situated in Biratnagar, stands tall as one of the crown jewels of Tribhuvan University in province one. Established in 1955 A.D. (2012 B.S.) as the Morang Intermediate College, this esteemed institution has carved its legacy over decades.
- Founding Moments: Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus (MMAMC) is an emblem of academic excellence in province 1. Rooted as a constituent campus of Tribhuvan University (TU), its inception in 1955 can be traced back to its early days as Morang Intermediate College. Nestled within the confines of Adarsha School in Biratnagar 7, the campus began with a promising cohort of just 13 students. This academic venture was fueled by the visionary efforts of an 11-member intellectual society from Biratnagar. At its helm stood the former Prime Minister Matrika Prasad Koirala. Esteemed members such as Ram Chandra Ahikari, Tolaram Dugar, Keshab Prasad Koirala, and Govinda Bahadur Baruwal, among others, formed the pillars of this ambitious project.
- Early Leadership: In its nascent stages, the college was entrusted to the leadership of Narayan Prasad Aryal, its first principal. His tenure was succeeded by the able guidance of Gopal Prasad Sharma.
- Relocation and Establishment: By 1958, the seeds of growth were evident. The college initiated the construction of its dedicated building in Biratnagar 12, near Road Shesh Chowk. By 1961, the college had a place it could call home.
- A Royal Inauguration: In a historic event in 1967, the then reigning King Mahendra inaugurated the college building. This royal endorsement transformed its identity, leading to its renaming as Mahendra Morang Campus.
- Becoming a Part of TU: With the New Education Policy coming into effect in 1971, the Mahendra Morang College proudly integrated as a constituent campus of TU.
- Evolution of the Name: The year 1973 marked a significant transition as all students of Adarsha School found their academic base shifted to Mahendra Morang Campus. This led to its renaming as Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus. Its identity further evolved in 1976, adopting the title Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Central Campus, reflecting its status hosting the TU Dean Office of the Management Faculty. However, with the Dean Office relocating to Kathmandu, it finally settled on its present name - Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus.
- A Campus in Harmony with Nature: Today, MMAMC proudly stands on 22 Bigha of its own land, a testament to its growth and significance. Its aesthetic appeal is heightened by the vast expanse of lush fields and verdant trees enveloping it. It isn't just an educational institution; it's a haven for students, offering a harmonious blend of learning and nature.
MMAMC aspires to be a leading educational institution in the country for multidisciplinary education by restructuring the infrastructures, upgrading the programs and standards, enhancing the human resources, and providing innovative educational environments.
The mission of MMAMC is to provide a real learning environment by improving existing physical facilities maintaining financial sustainability equip students with knowledge, skill, and creativity by imparting quality education through student-centered research-based teaching methods, and producing efficient manpower capable of facing the real-life challenge of the 21st century.
MMAMC sets the following goals:
(i) Create innovative and research-friendly educational environments for academic excellence.
(ii) Enrich human resources.
(iii) Maintain financial sustainability.
(iv) Commencement of new programs and up-gradation of existing academic programs and standards.
(v) Renovate present infrastructures and construct new infrastructures.
Objectives of MMAMC
The objectives of the five-year strategic plan will be
(i) To enhance academic excellence the campus will work to receive QAA certification from UGC for the campus by the end of 2020. An innovative educational environment is created in the campus by providing e-library services and internet facility, organizing interaction programs and using student centered teaching pedagogy. Students are also encouraged to participate in research activities such as project work, thesis writing. Research oriented environment is produced by providing mini research projects and other research facilities to faculties.
(i) To enrich human resources, part-time faculties will be gradually converted into full-time faculty members by internal contract. Required numbers of teaching and non-teaching staff will be either internally recruited or asked TU for recruitment.
Refresher courses, workshops and seminars will be organized for the faculty members and administrative staff on the regular basis. Academic staff is encouraged to pursue Ph.D. study.
(ii) To maintain financial sustainability new market salable programs will be commenced in the college and an environment is created to receive funds from local, provincial, central governments, UGC and TU.
(iii) To upgrade academic programs approval for the commencement of the programs such as MBA, M.Sc. CSIT, MCA will be received from TU.
(iv) Main building, library building and administrative building will be renovated. At least 3 new buildings will be constructed for Science, Management and Humanities faculty.
Core Values of MMAMC
MMAMC is committed to set the following core values:
- Quality and Excellence: We are committed to provide and pursue the highest standards in education, teaching, research, service, and outreach, led by superior faculty.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the diversity of our community and admire differences of gender, race, class, culture, national origin, religion and ability.
- Creativity and Innovation: We value and support innovative and creative ideas and solutions that allow us to serve our students and our community in better way.
- Community Engagement: We believe our students, faculty, staff, and graduates are our greatest assets, and we acknowledge the contributions of each member of the College. We pursue our mission in close partnership with colleagues, students, organizations, and others inside and outside the College and University.
- Transparency: The College will function according to defined procedures and rules, which will be informed to all stakeholders. The College will make public all important information related to its functioning.
Why MMAMC, Biratnagar?
Accredited Programs: The humanities and management disciplines at MMAMC are not just academic courses but fully accredited programs ensuring quality and recognition.
A Legacy of Excellence: With a golden track record and commitment to quality, MMAMC has emerged as a preferred choice for many aspiring students.
State-of-the-art Facilities: Coupled with its top-tier faculty and a rich history, the campus offers modern facilities to facilitate optimal learning.
Programs Offered at Mahendra Morang Adarsh Multiple Campus, Biratnagar
Discover the diverse academic programs available at Mahendra Morang Adarsh Multiple Campus, Biratnagar. Each course has been meticulously designed to meet the evolving demands of the modern world, ensuring students are well-equipped for their future endeavors.
Science and TechnologyFaculty:
B.Sc. Physical Group
- Focus Areas:
- Combination 1: Physics, Chemistry, and Maths
- Combination 2: Physics, Meteorology, and Maths
- Focus Areas:
B.Sc. Biological Group
- Focus Areas:
- Core Subjects: Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry
- Focus Areas:
- Insight: A specialized program diving deep into the world of microorganisms, exploring their characteristics, behavior, and significance in various ecosystems.
B.Sc. CSIT (Computer Science & Information Technology)
- Overview: A program tailored for tech-savvy individuals aiming to excel in the fields of computer science and IT solutions.
- Physics: Advanced study into the laws, theories, and principles of Physics.
- Chemistry: An in-depth exploration of chemical reactions, compositions, and the mysteries of elements.
Ph.D. Programs in Physics and Chemistry
- Note: Prospective Ph.D. candidates should register through IoST. Presentations are mandated to be delivered at the associated Central Departments.
BIT (Bachelor of Information Technology)
- Objective: A comprehensive course designed to produce IT professionals equipped with the knowledge and skills required to take up positions as system analysts, system designers, software engineers, and computer scientists.
BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies)
- Objective: Providing a solid foundation in business and management principles.
BBM (Bachelor of Business Management)
- Objective: Equipping students with strategic management skills and business acumen.
BPA (Bachelor of Public Administration)
- Objective: Imparting knowledge about public service and administrative functions.
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Objective: Comprehensive study into business operations, leadership, and market dynamics.
MPA (Master of Public Administration)
- Overview: Advanced studies in public governance, policy-making, and administrative strategies.
MBS (Master of Business Studies)
- Overview: An elevated exploration of business methodologies, research, and market strategies.
BA (Bachelor of Arts)
- Focus: A diverse curriculum encompassing various disciplines in arts and humanities.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- Focus: For those inclined towards both technology and arts, offering knowledge on software applications and development.
- Objective: Delving into English literature, linguistics, and advanced communication skills.
- Overview: Courses designed for those passionate about educating the next generation and making a difference.
B.Ed (Bachelor of Education)
- Objective: Preparing future educators with pedagogical skills, teaching methodologies, and classroom management techniques.
M.Ed (Master of Education)
- Objective: Advanced studies in educational theories, research methodologies, and leadership in educational settings.
With a plethora of programs to choose from, students at Mahendra Morang Adarsh Multiple Campus, Biratnagar are well-positioned to carve a niche for themselves in their chosen fields.
For those aiming for unparalleled academic pursuits in Nepal, Mahendra Morang Adarsh Multiple Campus, Biratnagar emerges as the beacon of excellence. Its tradition of excellence, a wide array of courses, and its commitment to quality education make it a preferred destination for many aspiring scholars. Choose MMAMC, where dreams transform into achievements.