Model Campus Damak (MCD) was established in 2003 AD (2060 B.S.) as a private owned educational institute located in New Amda Road, Damak - 10, Jhapa district of Nepal. MCD is the first private undergraduate college in Damak and Western Jhapa. It is affiliated to Tribhuvan University and recognized by University Grants Commission of Nepal. It offers various education in diverse disciplines like Management, Humanities, Education and Science.
MCD has been offering quality education to cater the needs and interest of students, at the university level, allowing them to specialize in any of the subjects of their interest – Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, Mathematics, English, Nepali, Rural Development, Sociology & Anthropology, Population Studies, Health & Physical Education, Literature, Journalism & Mass Communication, and Poetry and so on. It has also two sister concerns viz. Damak Model Higher Secondary School (DMHSS) and Motherland English Boarding School (MEBS).
Model Campus Damak offers Bachelor Degree programs such as Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS), and Bachelor of Education in English, Bachelor of Education in Mathematics, Bachelor of Education in Physical Education, Bachelor of Education in Population Studies, and Bachelor of Education in Nepal.
VISION: MCD envisions to impart "Right Education" which is the blend of 3Cs – Competency, Culture and Compassion, intended towards development of academic, civilized and responsible citizens who would contribute towards prosperous society and better world.
Mission: MCD strives to impart "Right Education" to suit the needs and interest of the students, in this digital age, at undergraduate and higher secondary level (10+2), by focusing in disciplines like Management, Science, Humanities and Education.
Objectives and Goals of Model Campus Damak:
MCD has formulated long-term, medium-term and short-term goals to accomplish its mission.
Long Term Goal: MCD & DMHSS has a long term goal to establish itself as one of the leading education providers in Nepal, in ten years’ time, with outstanding result portfolio, through impartation of "Right Education" that is supported by sound technology and physical infrastructures, nourished by the education philosophy of 3Cs-competency, culture and compassion.
Medium-Term Goal: MCD has a medium-term goal to establish itself as one of the progressive education providers in the eastern region of Nepal, in five years’ time, with outstanding result portfolio, through impartation of "Right Education" that is supported by modern technology and well-favored infrastructures, guided by the education philosophy of 3Cs-competency, culture and compassion.
Short-Term Goal: MCD has a short-term goal to establish itself as one of the leading colleges in Damak with competitive result portfolio, in one year time, through initiation of "Right Education" that is supported by appropriate technology and physical infrastructures, inspired by the education philosophy of 3Cs-competency, culture and compassion.
MCD is the pioneer in the field of education in Damak and western Jhapa, always one step ahead of others, leaving legacy for others to toddle. Isn't it enough reason to justify your choice of selecting MCD & DMHSS? However, specific reasons to justify the same are as follows:
- Education Philosophy - MCD has developed the education philosophy of "Right Education" which is a sound blend of 3Cs-Competence, Culture and Compassion. "Right Education" ensures holistic education required for utilizing opportunities and addressing challenges of the digital age.
- Teaching Philosophy - MCD has adopted the teaching philosophy of "Constructive Teaching" to help students learn rather than just delivering lectures traditionally. "Constructive Teaching" encourages teachers to adopt proactive approaches to teaching aided by modern technology intended towards addressing the diverse needs and expectation.
- Qualified, Dedicated and Responsible Faculties- It has a pool of qualified, dedicated and responsible faculties from various disciplines with necessary expertise, experience, energy and enthusiasm.
- Modern Management Practices - MCD has applied modern practices to impart education, in a systematic manner, intended towards addressing interest of all the stakeholders. Our modern practice is a complete package with programs like 365 Counseling Service, Coordination Mechanism, Evaluation Mechanism and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Students' Support Programs - MCD knows its prime responsibility of empowering students with knowledge, skills, attitudes and culture. To facilitate this, MCD & DMHSS has launched various students' support programs like Support Classes for academically weak students, Non Credit Programs like computer trainings to technically empower students, Leadership Development Programs to initiate leadership in students and Personality Development Program to develop integrated personality.
- Conducive Environment - MCD has created a conducive environment to support its educational mission. Its conducive environment is the outcome of the followings which are well managed in MCD & DMHSS:
- Physical Facilities – Earthquake Resilient Buildings, Spacious Premises, Hostel Facility
- Educational Facilities - Science Laboratory, Computer Laboratory, Library, Internet and Wi-Fi Service
- Reliable Transportation Service
- Affordable Fee Structure
- Generous Scholarship Programs