New Summit College (न्यू समिट कलेज) was established in 1998 AD (2055 BS) as a private educational institute located in Shantinagar Gate, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal. NSC lead by a team of visionary professionals in the Nepalese academic field, New Summit College (NSC) is recognized as one of the best private colleges in Kathmandu, specializing in Management, Science, and Information Technology streams of study. NSC offers various TU-affiliated programs, including B.Sc. CSIT, BCA, and BBM in Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT).
NSC envisions that up-to-date knowledge and technology are two of the most indispensable assets every student must possess to be successful in the ever-changing IT and Business environment. With this in mind, the college strives to enrich students with the latest and most up-to-date values, cutting-edge knowledge, and skills in Science, Management, and Information Technology so that they are always leaders in life and competitive in the job market.
To realize its vision, NSC has always prioritized recruiting dedicated and qualified faculty members who can lead students to success in all walks of life. Therefore, the expert faculty at the college focuses on soft skills like leadership, teamwork, communication, critical thinking, positive attitude, innovative and problem-solving skills, work ethic, technical flexibility, adaptability, and interpersonal skills, so that students not only accumulate knowledge in their heads but also become able to apply it in practical life. This student-centric approach sets the college apart from others in teaching and learning activities, prioritizing academic professionalism and research-based professional learning among the students.
The initiatives taken by the college unanimously draw attention to its endeavor towards providing quality higher education that equips all learners with the abilities they need to become proactive and economically productive. NSC is committed to making higher education accessible and affordable for everyone, giving equal opportunities to its students to realize their dreams by empowering their minds and hearts, irrespective of their economic and ethnic background. In this way, NSC attracts avid students from all backgrounds.
NSC encourages students to invent, create, explore, and imagine, allowing them to express themselves and become accomplished and confident. The college emphasizes social services and social responsibility, which has been its constant involvement in a wide variety of projects and research works. This provides students with ample exposure to practically take part in them on a regular basis. Learning revolves more around encouraging and inspiring students to awaken their desire to learn rather than forced mental feeding and torturous lessons. Here, learning meets thinking, and passion meets purpose, making them ready for tomorrow. As a result, NSC has been a favorite college for students for their personal and professional growth in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Management, molding its products to become job creators, not job seekers.
To become an excellent educational institution in Nepal in the fields of IT, Management, Science, and Social Sciences, providing quality education for socio-economic transformation.
To provide affordable quality education while equipping students with knowledge, skills, and values in their chosen programs. To develop future leaders, scientists, managers, entrepreneurs, IT developers, and technical experts through innovative, creative, value-based, and research-oriented teaching-learning activities. To instill a sense of social responsibility in the mind of the new generation through social services. To empower students' hearts and minds to prepare a successful workforce and job creators.
- To be known as a college of academic excellence in teaching-learning and extra-curricular activities in the fields of Management and IT.
- To structurally support and value collaboration, research, interdisciplinarity, and curricular flexibility.
- To become a model for student success, engagement, and well-being by helping students develop their potentials.
- To increase enrollment, student retention, and job placement.
- To enhance infrastructure to meet the needs of the college and workforce development.
- Student Success: At NSC, every student is provided with various opportunities to excel. The college optimizes student support, develops efficient and innovative processes that promote retention and learning, assists in recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty, staff and students, and provides technological mechanisms as needed.
- Service: The college's purpose is to benefit its students and society through knowledge and social services. NSC provides exemplary customer services, creates an atmosphere that allows for employee growth, promotes financial sustainability, expands revenue sources, and promotes cost-saving measures.
- Innovation: The college consistently seeks a better way by embracing challenges. NSC enhances its administrative structure that supports research activities, develops strategies that allow collaboration, and fosters innovation in all aspects of education.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Everyone is respected, included, and given the opportunity to excel at NSC. The college builds a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion to ensure that all students feel valued, respected, and supported.
- Accountability: Integrity, transparency, excellence, and the highest standards govern everything NSC does. The college promotes transparency and efficiency in all processes and procedures, both within and outside the college, and strives for excellence in all aspects of education to provide quality services.
- Collaboration: NSC seeks partnerships both within and beyond the college to enhance its actions and outcomes. The college promotes employee participation in the community, college units, and different organizations, and maximizes opportunities offered through local, regional, and international professional organizations.
Location: Shantinagar Gate, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Phone: +977-1-4495201; +977-1-4473919; +977-1-4465186
Email: [email protected]