Seti Technical School is the only one public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institute operating under CTEVT in Far Western Development Region. It is situated at Dipayal Silgadhi Municipality ward no. 8 Jogidabre of Doti district. It is located at central point of far western region. It was established in 1990 to provide opportunities to the people of far western development region to train in technical education and vocational training so that they can improve their standard of living as well as contribute in regional development. In order to ensure easy accessibility for people from remote areas, the school has allocated some quotas for the hill districts of the region. The school has been offering TEVT agriculture, health and civil engineering right from its established.
VISION: STS will be recognized as an excellent TVET provider in Nepal.
MISSION: Promote economic growth in Nepal by offering TSLC and diploma level programs along with MOST skill trainings and producing quality workforce in TVET.
- Ensure GESI in all programs and services
- Improve quality of Infrastructure for delivering programs and services
- Ensure Institutional Sustainability through quality improvement and income generation
- Enhance marketing, networking and community development programs
- Each of the goals have strategic objectives and each of the strategic objectives have implementation activities and to achieve the strategies and goals within the planning period 2015-19.
As a CTEVT constituted organization, the overall objective as per CTEVT strategic plan, is to create knowledgeable, competent, motivated, entrepreneurial, adaptable, creative and innovative workforce in Nepal contributing to poverty reduction and promoting social and economic development through facilitating demand-driven quality technical and vocational education and training relevant to all sectors of the economy, at basic and middle levels. The specific objectives include:
- Conduct TSLC and diploma level technical education programs in agriculture, construction, and health sector.
- Strengthen TVET institutions of Far Western Development Regions in view of making them center for technological competence accumulation and transfer based on local needs and capabilities
- Improve the quality of TVET (formal and non-formal) at basic and middle levels and make it responsive to the needs of the labor market
- Ensure equal access and participation of women and people with special needs to TVET.
- Strengthen the culture of self-employment and support job-creation in the economy.
- Coordinate with the community, employers and civil society for meeting the objectives of the TVET programs.
- Satisfy training needs of NGOs, INGO'S, GO'S and local community.
- Assure on the enough supply of technical human resources in the various areas of far- Western Development Region by reserving admission seats to the target districts.
- Encourage poor, DAG, women and underprivileged of development of the nation
PHYSICAL FACILITIES AND THEIR CONDITION:
STS is located in a small, sloppy hill covered with greenery. It is extended in area of 102 Ropani. It has 54 buildings with residence to all staff. It has hostel facilities for about 250 trainees and at present it is provided to the regular students in health, agriculture and DCE as well as ISC Ag. Apart from that the school also provides hostel facilities for all the female, dalit and disable trainees. STS has equipped with workshops (4), laboratories (7), library (1), conference hall (2), with the capacity of 60 and 200, photocopiers (1), fax machine(1), TV sets (2), projectors, demonstration rooms, two guest houses of 21 comfortable beds, farm lands, cafeteria, orchard, livestock sheds with cattle's like , goats and poultry. The school has added 1 small tractor, one power tiller, course books and lab equipment’s recently in 2071.