Bachelor of Nursing at BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) is an undergraduate program designed to prepare students with essential nursing knowledge and skills. The program is offered by the Faculty of Nursing Sciences and is accredited by the Nepal Nursing Council.
The Bachelor of Nursing program includes courses such as Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, and many more.
The duration of the Bachelor of Nursing program is two years.
Candidates who have completed the 10+2 level of education in science stream or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Nursing program.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply nursing theories and practices in the care of individuals, families, and communities
- Demonstrate professional competence in delivering nursing care
- Utilize research findings in improving nursing practice
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Practice nursing ethically and responsibly
Nursing is an essential healthcare profession that offers many career opportunities in hospitals, clinics, community health centers, nursing homes, research institutions, and international organizations. Graduates of the Bachelor of Nursing program can pursue careers as staff nurses, nurse educators, nurse administrators, public health nurses, and nurse researchers.
There is a growing demand for qualified nurses in Nepal and abroad. The Bachelor of Nursing program prepares graduates to work in various healthcare settings and provides a pathway to pursue advanced nursing degrees.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Nursing program can pursue careers as:
- Staff nurses in hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes
- Nurse educators in nursing schools and colleges
- Nurse administrators in healthcare organizations
- Public health nurses in government and non-governmental organizations
- Nurse researchers in academic and research institutions
Why Choose this Course:
The Bachelor of Nursing program at BPKIHS provides students with essential nursing knowledge and skills required to provide quality care to patients. The program prepares students to become competent nursing professionals and offers numerous career opportunities.
BPKIHS offers scholarships to deserving and needy students based on academic merit and financial need. Interested students can inquire about scholarship opportunities at the time of admission.