Overview of BSc Medical Imaging Technology (BSc MIT) at BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal:
Course Overview: BSc MIT is a 4-year undergraduate program that teaches students how to use imaging equipment to create images of the human body. This course is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills in radiological science, patient care, and medical imaging technology.
Course Outlines: The course curriculum includes topics such as anatomy and physiology, medical physics, radiation physics, radiographic technique, patient care, radiographic positioning, imaging pathology, and medical imaging technology.
Duration: The duration of the BSc MIT program is 4 years.
Eligibility: To be eligible for admission, students must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, and biology as their main subjects.
Learning Outcomes: After completing this program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of radiological science and medical imaging technology
- Operate and maintain various types of imaging equipment
- Perform imaging procedures safely and effectively
- Provide patient care during imaging procedures
- Evaluate images for technical quality
- Use radiation protection measures to minimize the risk of radiation exposure
Scope: BSc MIT graduates can work in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, diagnostic imaging centers, and research laboratories. They can work as radiologic technologists, diagnostic medical sonographers, nuclear medicine technologists, and MRI technologists.
Career Prospects: There is a high demand for medical imaging technologists, and the job outlook for this field is expected to grow. Graduates of this program can find job opportunities in both private and government healthcare sectors.
- Radiologic technologist
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Nuclear medicine technologist
- MRI technologist
Why Choose this Course:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing field with a high demand for professionals
- Opportunity to work in various healthcare settings
- Opportunity to help patients by providing accurate and timely diagnosis
- Opportunity to learn and work with advanced medical imaging technology
Scholarship: BPKIHS offers scholarships to deserving and eligible students based on academic merit and financial need.