BSc Nursing at BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal
BSc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate degree program that prepares students to become registered nurses. The program combines classroom education, laboratory training, and clinical experience to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the nursing profession.
Course Outlines: The BSc Nursing program at BPKIHS covers a range of topics, including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Foundations
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Health Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Nursing
- Nursing Research and Statistics
Duration: The program is four years long, including a one-year internship.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the BSc Nursing program at BPKIHS, candidates must have:
- Completed 10+2 with science stream (Biology, Physics, Chemistry)
- Obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 10+2
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the program, graduates will have the following competencies:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary for safe, competent nursing practice.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills to provide quality care to patients.
- Apply the nursing process to provide comprehensive care to individuals, families, and communities.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills necessary for effective nursing practice.
Scope: BSc Nursing graduates have a wide range of career opportunities in various healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, community health centers, and nursing homes. They can also pursue higher education in nursing or related fields.
Career Prospects: BSc Nursing graduates have a high demand in the healthcare industry. They can work in various positions, including:
- Staff Nurse
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nurse Educator
- Nursing Researcher
- Nursing Administrator
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
Career Options: BSc Nursing graduates can pursue the following career options:
- Work in hospitals, clinics, community health centers, and nursing homes.
- Pursue higher education in nursing or related fields.
- Work as a nursing educator or researcher.
- Work in the public health sector.
Why Choose this Course: The BSc Nursing program provides students with a strong foundation in nursing knowledge and skills necessary for safe and competent nursing practice. The program's clinical experience component allows students to gain hands-on experience in various healthcare settings. BPKIHS is an autonomous institution that provides quality education and research opportunities to its students.
Scholarship: BPKIHS offers various scholarships and financial assistance programs to deserving and needy students. Students can apply for these programs during the admission process.