Karnali Academy of Health Sciences (KAHS) offers Bachelor in Midwifery programs. Bachelor of Midwifery curriculum has been developed as per the policy and plan relating to human resources for the health of the government of Nepal for improving sexual reproductive maternal and neonatal and child health based on the changing development needs.
Bachelor in Midwifery curriculum is based on the international confederation of Midwives (ICM) global standard for midwifery education and the Nepal Nursing Council 2016 Minimum requirement for the Bachelor in Midwifery program.
Objectives of the Bachelor in Midwifery Program
Upon completion of the Bachelor in Midwifery program the graduate will be able to:
- Provide care for women and childbearing families with respect for cultural diversity and also work to eliminate harmful practices within those same cultures.
- Use up-to-date, evidence-based professional knowledge to maintain competence in safe midwifery practices in all environments and cultures.
- Act as effective role models of health promotion for women throughout their life cycle, for families and for other health professionals.
- Promote and advocate for non-intervention in normal childbirth.
- Provide women with appropriate information and advice in a way that promotes participation and enhances informed decision-making.
- Offer respectful, anticipatory and flexible care, which encompasses the needs of the woman, her newborn, family and community.
- Empower women to assume responsibility for their health and for the health of their families.
- practice in collaboration and consultation with other health professionals to serve the needs of the woman, her newborn, family and community
Seats Available: 10
- Full scholarship: 20% (2)
- Partial scholarship: 20% (2)
- Collaborative scholarship: 20% (2)
- Full Tuition Fee: 40% (3+1=4)
(Staff seat -1)
- Candidate must be a Nepali citizen.
- Candidate who had completed PCL Nursing with one year of experience in a different setting
- Candidate must have passed the entrance examination
- Admission should be on the basis of the merit list of the entrance examination
- Registered in Nepal Nursing Council
Structure of the examination
The entrance examination comprises multiple choice questions in the following subjects
The entrance examination will be three hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 150 objective-type questions. The question paper will be in English. The distribution of marks will be as follows:
|Anatomy and physiology/ Integrated sciences||20|
|Medical/ Surgical Nursing||15|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||20|
|Child health Nursing||15|
|Mental health Nursing/ Behavioral science||10|
|Community Health Nursing||10|
|Leadership and Management||10|
The general standard of the entrance examination will be that of the PCL Nursing.
Duration of Course:
The course of studies leading to a Bachelor in Midwifery degree from Karnali Academy of Health Sciences shall last for a minimum of 3 academic years including an internship. The maximum limit of the study period of this course will not be more than 6 years from the date of admission.