BALLB at Kathmandu School of Law: Course Overview
The Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Laws (BALLB) program at Kathmandu School of Law in Koteshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal, is a comprehensive undergraduate course that combines the study of arts and law. This program is affiliated with Purbanchal University (PU), Nepal.
The course covers a wide range of subjects and topics, including:
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Contract Law
- Tort Law
- Legal Method and Legal Research
- Administrative Law
- Family Law
- International Law
- Property Law
- Human Rights Law
The BALLB program is a five-year full-time course. The program is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in arts subjects and legal principles within the specified timeframe.
The primary objectives of the program are as follows:
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of legal principles and concepts.
- To develop analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for legal analysis and reasoning.
- To enhance research and communication skills in the field of law.
- To foster an understanding of the relationship between law and society.
- To prepare students for the legal profession and other related career paths.
Eligibility for the BALLB program includes:
- Completion of the 11th and 12th standard with a minimum of C+ GPA or 50% marks in all subjects.
- Completion of A-level examination with a minimum of 3.5 GCE.
- Students awaiting the results of their Grade 12 examinations are also eligible to apply. Admission for such candidates will be provisional, subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
The entrance examination process for the program is divided into three different headings:
- Credentials of Co-curricular & Academic Activities: Evaluation of co-curricular and academic activities carries a weightage of 5 marks.
- Written Examination:
- Very Short Questions: 20 marks
- Long Questions: 35 marks
- Short Questions: 10 marks
- Total: 65 marks
- Interview: The interview carries a weightage of 40 marks.
Only candidates who pass the written examination will be eligible for the interview round. To qualify for the interview, applicants must obtain a minimum of 45% in the written examination.
Upon completion of the BALLB program, students can expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Sound knowledge of legal principles, concepts, and areas of law.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills for legal analysis and reasoning.
- Effective research and communication skills in the field of law.
- Understanding of the role of law in society and its impact on individuals and institutions.
- Preparation for the legal profession and other related career paths.
Graduates of the BALLB program have diverse career opportunities, including:
- Legal Practitioner: Graduates can practice law as advocates or lawyers, representing clients in various legal matters.
- Corporate Counsel: Graduates can work as in-house legal advisors for corporations, providing legal advice and guidance on business-related matters.
- Legal Researcher: Graduates can pursue careers in legal research, conducting in-depth studies on legal issues and contributing to legal scholarship.
- Judiciary Services: Graduates can appear for judiciary service examinations and pursue a career as judges or judicial officers.
- Legal Consultant: Graduates can offer consultancy services on legal matters, providing expertise to individuals, organizations, and government bodies.
Fees Structure and Contact Information
For detailed information about the fees structure and any inquiries related to the BALLB program, please contact the administration office of Kathmandu School of Law.
Why Choose this Course?
There are several reasons to choose the BALLB program at Kathmandu School of Law:
- Integrated Curriculum: The program integrates arts and law subjects, providing students with a holistic understanding of the legal system and its societal context.
- Comprehensive Knowledge: Students gain comprehensive knowledge of various legal areas, equipping them with a strong foundation for a legal career.
- Practical Skills: The program emphasizes the development of practical skills, including legal research, drafting, and advocacy.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates have diverse career opportunities in the legal field, offering the potential for professional growth and impact.
- Personal and Professional Development: The program fosters critical thinking, analytical skills, and effective communication, contributing to personal and professional development.
Kathmandu School of Law may provide scholarship opportunities for eligible students. For detailed information about scholarships, including eligibility criteria and application procedures, please contact the administration office.
The BALLB program at Kathmandu School of Law offers a comprehensive education in arts and law, providing students with a strong foundation for a legal career. With a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, graduates are prepared for various professional opportunities in the legal field and beyond.