LLM in International Laws at Kathmandu School of Law: Course Overview
The LLM in International Laws program offered at Kathmandu School of Law in Koteshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal, is a specialized postgraduate course designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of international laws and their application in the global legal framework. This program is affiliated with Purbanchal University (PU), Nepal.
The course covers a wide range of subjects and topics related to international laws, including:
- Public International Law
- Private International Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Criminal Law
- Law of International Organizations
- International Trade Law
- International Investment Law
- Dispute Settlement in International Law
- Comparative Legal Systems
The LLM in International Laws program is a two-year full-time course. The program is structured to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of international laws within the specified timeframe.
The primary objectives of the program are as follows:
- To develop a deep understanding of international legal principles, concepts, and frameworks.
- To analyze and critically evaluate the legal aspects of global issues and challenges.
- To enhance research and analytical skills in the field of international laws.
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary for legal practice in international contexts.
- To foster awareness of human rights, humanitarian values, and the importance of international cooperation.
Eligibility for the LLM in International Laws program includes:
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Law.
- Students awaiting the final year result of their Bachelor's degree in Law are also eligible to apply. Admission for such candidates will be provisional, subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
The entrance examination process for the program entails three different steps:
- Written Examination: The written examination carries a weightage of 40 marks.
- Credentials & Other Achievements: Evaluation of academic credentials and achievements accounts for 20 marks.
- Interview: Further details regarding the entrance examination, including the date, time, and venue, will be published on the official website and Facebook page of Kathmandu School of Law. Additionally, applicants will receive an email with relevant information. The interview carries a weightage of 40 marks.
Only candidates who pass the written examination will be eligible for the interview round. To qualify for the interview, applicants must obtain a minimum of 45% in the written examination.
Upon completion of the LLM in International Laws program, students can expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- In-depth knowledge of international legal principles, concepts, and frameworks.
- Proficiency in analyzing and critically evaluating legal issues and challenges in the global context.
- Enhanced research and analytical skills for conducting comprehensive studies on international legal topics.
- Ability to provide legal advice and assistance in matters related to international law, human rights, and international relations.
- Competence in participating in international legal research, negotiations, and advocacy.
Graduates of the LLM in International Laws program have diverse career opportunities, including:
- Legal Advisor in International Organizations
- Diplomatic Officer
- International Human Rights Advocate
- International Criminal Lawyer
- International Trade Consultant
- Legal Researcher in International Law
- Academician in Law Schools and Universities
- Policy Analyst in Government and Non-governmental Organizations
For detailed information regarding the fees structure of the LLM in International Laws program, interested individuals can contact the administration office of Kathmandu School of Law. The contact details can be found on the official website or by reaching out to the college directly.
The LLM in International Laws program opens up promising career prospects for graduates. Some potential career options include:
- Employment in international law firms and legal consultancy firms.
- Legal positions in international organizations, such as the United Nations and regional bodies.
- Opportunities in diplomatic services and government agencies involved in international affairs.
- Legal advisory roles in multinational corporations operating in a global context.
- Academic career in teaching and research in the field of international laws.
Why Choose this Course?
There are several reasons to choose the LLM in International Laws program at Kathmandu School of Law:
- Specialization: The course provides specialized knowledge and expertise in the field of international laws.
- Global Perspective: Students gain a comprehensive understanding of the legal aspects of international relations and cooperation.
- Practical Skills: The program enhances practical skills in legal research, analysis, and application of international laws.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates have diverse career opportunities in international organizations, legal firms, and diplomatic services.
- Networking: Students have the opportunity to network with legal professionals, experts, and diplomats through seminars and conferences.
Kathmandu School of Law provides scholarship opportunities to eligible students. Detailed information about scholarships, including eligibility criteria and application procedures, can be obtained by contacting the administration office.
By enrolling in the LLM in International Laws program at Kathmandu School of Law, students can acquire comprehensive knowledge, practical skills, and valuable insights into the field of international laws, preparing them for a successful and rewarding legal career in the global arena.