Bachelor of Arts (BA) is one of the most popular undergraduate programs in Nepal, and Khwopa College, Dekocha, Bhaktapur, Nepal, affiliated with Tribhuvan University (TU), offers this program with the aim of providing students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of arts and humanities.
Course Overview: The BA program at Khwopa College is a three-year full-time course that covers a wide range of subjects related to arts and humanities. The program is designed to develop students' critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills. The curriculum includes a combination of core and elective courses such as Nepali, English, sociology, anthropology, psychology, history, economics, and political science.
Course Outlines: The course outline for the BA program at Khwopa College includes both core and elective courses. The core courses cover topics related to the foundational knowledge of arts and humanities, while the elective courses provide students with the flexibility to choose courses of their interest. Some of the core courses of the program are:
- Nepali Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Anthropology
- Introduction to Psychology
- History of Nepal
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Political Science
Objectives: The BA program at Khwopa College has the following objectives:
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of arts and humanities
- To develop students' critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills
- To prepare students for further academic pursuits or career opportunities in diverse fields
- To promote cultural awareness, social responsibility, and civic engagement
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for the BA program at Khwopa College are as follows:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognized board or university.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 2.0 GPA or 45% in aggregate.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the BA program at Khwopa College, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills in various aspects of arts and humanities
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written forms
- Apply theoretical concepts to practical situations
- Analyze and evaluate social, cultural, and political phenomena
- Demonstrate cultural awareness, social responsibility, and civic engagement
Scope: The BA program at Khwopa College provides students with a broad-based education that prepares them for a range of career opportunities in diverse fields. Some of the career options for BA graduates are:
- Civil service
- Journalism and media
- Teaching and research
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Social work and community development
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Tourism and hospitality
Career Prospects: The BA program at Khwopa College prepares students for further academic pursuits or career opportunities in diverse fields. Upon completion of the program, graduates can pursue higher education in various fields such as anthropology, sociology, psychology, history, political science, economics, and literature. Alternatively, they can also seek employment in various sectors such as civil service, journalism and media, teaching and research, NGOs, social work and community development, business and entrepreneurship, and tourism and hospitality.
Why Choose this Course: There are several reasons why students may choose the BA program at Khwopa College, such as:
- Comprehensive understanding of various aspects of arts and humanities
- Development of critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills
- Flexibility to choose elective courses of interest
- Preparation for further academic pursuits or career opportunities in diverse fields
- Promotion of cultural awareness, social responsibility, and civic engagement
Scholarship: Khwopa College offers scholarships to deserving and needy students based on academic merit and financial need. The scholarship scheme covers full or partial tuition fees and other related expenses