Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences (MMIHS) offers M. Sc. Clinical Biochemistry, an advanced three years graduate course in the field of Laboratory Medicine under Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine. The scope of molecular diagnostics in laboratory medicine has expanded exponentially and clinical biochemistry has great demand in the medical laboratory profession to maintain and upgrade the technical expertise and consultative skills of professionals. Thus, there is an emerging scope of clinical biochemistry experts in health laboratory services, as well as in academic and research fields in Nepal and worldwide to strengthen health laboratory practices.
On the other hand, the increasing production of graduates and limited opportunities for specialization in the country clearly shows the need of expanding Master’s studies in the field of Clinical Biochemistry to cover the specialized responsibilities in diagnostics, medical academics, and research. The course is full-time residential training in well equipped stat-of-art Clinical laboratory set up in Manmohan Memorial Teaching Hospital.
- To develop graduate expertise in clinical biochemistry and laboratory medicine for the management of health laboratory services
- To carry out quality research and contribute to innovation and provide high-quality medical laboratory services
- To enhance the medical education system by training quality laboratory services and management through evidence-based practices.
- To serve society by providing health care and academic services in the discipline of clinical biochemistry as a vital part of laboratory diagnosis.
- To promote personnel’s advancement to strengthen health policies and practices in clinical biochemistry and laboratory medicine.
- To strengthen the Total Laboratory Quality Management System recommended by MoHP Nepal and WHO.
- To strengthen and ensure national health strategies and health securities through high-quality laboratory diagnostic services.
MMIHS will strictly follow the rules and regulations of the University and Medical Education Commission. The candidate who wants to enroll in the admission process should pass a baccalaureate degree in B.Sc MLT with NHPC registration. Besides, the basic academic requirement, the students should be qualified on the entrance examination taken by Medical Education Commission to enroll in the program.