The objectives of DCE are to:
- Prepare technicians who are capable of undertaking works in civil engineering field as Civil Engineering Technicians under Road, Irrigation, Water Supply, Urban Development and Building Construction and other civil infrastructures development related departments and sectors.
- Produce middle level competent technical work force/ human resources that could provide supervisory works of civil engineering.
- Prepare technical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- Help in meeting the demand of required Civil Engineering Technicians for the public and private infrastructure development sector of Nepal.
- Reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries.
- Create self-employment opportunities.