Overview of MA Nepali at Padmakanya Multiple Campus (PK Campus), Kathmandu, Nepal
The Master of Arts (MA) in Nepali at PK Campus is a specialized program designed to immerse students in the rich tapestry of the Nepali language, literature, culture, and history. The course aims to deepen students' appreciation of Nepali literary traditions while equipping them with advanced linguistic skills and critical analytical abilities.
The curriculum is carefully curated to cover the breadth and depth of the Nepali language and literature:
- History of Nepali Literature (Ancient to Modern)
- Nepali Linguistics and Philology
- Classical Nepali Prose and Poetry
- Modern Nepali Prose, Poetry, and Drama
- Nepali Folk Literature and Culture
- Literary Criticism and Theory in Nepali Context
- Nepali Language and Mass Communication
- Comparative Literature
- Research Methodology in Nepali Studies
- Socio-cultural History of Nepal
This program spans two years, demanding full-time dedication from students and follows an annual exam system.
- To provide comprehensive knowledge of Nepali literature, linguistics, and cultural studies.
- To cultivate critical and analytical skills in reading, interpreting, and evaluating Nepali texts.
- To foster the ability to undertake research in Nepali studies.
- To prepare students for various professional avenues where expertise in Nepali is crucial.
Candidates aspiring for this program should possess a Bachelor's degree in Nepali or a related discipline from an institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
Upon graduating, students will:
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Nepali literary traditions, linguistic nuances, and cultural aspects.
- Exhibit the ability to critically analyze and evaluate Nepali texts from various periods.
- Conduct independent research in areas related to Nepali studies.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in written and spoken Nepali.
Graduates will be adept in both theoretical and practical aspects of the Nepali language, ensuring versatility in professional and academic pursuits.
Prospective students are encouraged to contact the administration office of PK Campus for detailed information on fee structures and other financial aspects.
MA in Nepali equips students for a diverse range of careers spanning academia, media, public service, and cultural institutions.
- Nepali Language Teacher/Lecturer
- Literary Critic
- Nepali Content Writer/Editor
- Researcher in Nepali Studies
- Translator & Interpreter
- Media Personnel (Radio, TV, and Print)
Why Choose this Course:
- Dive deep into the richness of Nepali literature, culture, and history.
- Opens a plethora of opportunities in academia, media, and cultural domains.
- Enhances linguistic prowess in Nepali, a vital skill in Nepal's socio-cultural and professional landscape.
- Provides the foundation for further research and doctoral studies in Nepali.
PK Campus recognizes academic achievements and provides scholarships to deserving and meritorious students. Details about scholarship criteria and opportunities can be sought from the campus's administration.