Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) at Prithvi Narayan Campus
Course Overview: The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program at Prithvi Narayan Campus is designed to provide students with comprehensive knowledge and skills in the field of social work. It aims to equip students with the necessary tools to address social issues, promote social justice, and work towards the betterment of individuals, families, and communities.
Course Outlines: The BSW program covers a wide range of subjects related to social work, including social welfare, social policy, human behavior, community development, social research methods, counseling skills, social justice, and advocacy. The curriculum emphasizes both theoretical knowledge and practical skills through fieldwork placements and hands-on experiences.
Duration: The BSW program is a three-year undergraduate degree program, consisting of six semesters. Each semester typically spans around four to six months, including examinations and breaks.
Objectives: The objectives of the BSW program are:
- To develop a thorough understanding of social work theories, principles, and practices.
- To equip students with practical skills in social work intervention, assessment, and case management.
- To promote social justice, human rights, and empowerment within communities.
- To foster critical thinking, ethical decision-making, and cultural competence in social work practice.
- To prepare students for professional roles in various social work settings.
Eligibility: To be eligible for admission into the BSW program, candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with at least a 'D+' grade in all subjects from a recognized board.
Fee Structures: For detailed information regarding the fee structure of the BSW program, it is recommended to contact the administration office of Prithvi Narayan Campus.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the BSW program, students will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of social work theories, concepts, and methodologies.
- Apply social work principles and skills in various practice settings.
- Demonstrate effective communication, counseling, and intervention skills.
- Conduct social research and utilize evidence-based practices.
- Advocate for social justice, human rights, and equality within communities.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals, families, and communities to address social issues.
Scope and Career Prospects: A BSW degree offers a range of career opportunities in social work and related fields. Graduates can work in government departments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community development projects, healthcare institutions, rehabilitation centers, counseling centers, child protection agencies, and social welfare organizations.
- Social Worker
- Community Development Officer
- Case Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Family Support Worker
- Child Protection Officer
- Healthcare Social Worker
- Mental Health Worker
Why Choose this Course:
- The BSW program provides an opportunity to make a positive impact on individuals, families, and communities by addressing social issues and promoting social justice.
- It offers a holistic understanding of social work principles, theories, and practices, preparing students for diverse professional roles.
- The program includes fieldwork placements that provide hands-on experience and practical skills in real-world settings.
- Social work is a fulfilling and rewarding career that allows individuals to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
- The BSW program equips students with transferable skills such as communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving, which are valuable in various professions.
Prithvi Narayan Campus provides scholarships to deserving and needy students based on various criteria such as academic merit, economic status, and marginalized backgrounds. Students can inquire about available scholarships and their eligibility criteria