Padmashree College
The British College
ISMT College

Bagmati Province Government Announces School Bus Subsidies

News 09 Nov 2023 307 0

Government School in Nepal

Bagmati Province Government Announces School Bus Subsidies -Supporting School Transportation

Hetauda, 8th November 2023 | The Government of Bagmati Province has taken a commendable step towards enhancing the educational infrastructure by offering financial subsidies to public schools for the acquisition of school buses.

Subsidy Program Details

  • For the fiscal year 2080-81, the provincial government has initiated a subsidy program specifically designed to aid schools in procuring buses.
  • A formal agreement was signed in Hetauda, detailing the commitment between the Provincial Education Development Directorate and various school management committees.

Financial Assistance and Allocation

  • Each of the 27 selected schools will receive a subsidy of 25 lakh rupees from the ministry.
  • The allotted subsidy aims to cover a significant portion of the cost, making it more feasible for schools to proceed with the bus purchases within this financial year.

Tax Exemptions for Schools

  • Schools benefitting from the subsidy will also enjoy tax exemptions, including customs duties on the imported buses.
  • The payment of the subsidy is structured to ensure efficiency and accountability: 60% disbursed initially and the remaining 40% after the bus import license is secured.

Budget and Impact

  • A budget of 67.75 million rupees has been set aside for this purpose for the current year, signaling a considerable increase in support compared to last year, where only 24 schools received such assistance.

Conclusion

This initiative is a strategic investment in the educational sector by the Bagmati Province Government, aimed at providing safe and reliable transportation for students. It reflects the government's commitment to improving access to education and the overall quality of the educational experience in the province. Public schools interested in the program are encouraged to engage promptly with the Provincial Education Development Directorate to avail of the benefits within the stipulated timeframe.

School News Bagmati Pradesh
Comments