Foreign Employment Offspring Scholarships Opportunity for Eligible Families
The Secretariat of the Foreign Employment Board has recently announced an important opportunity for the children of workers engaged in foreign employment. This initiative is specifically aimed at providing educational support to those who have faced hardships due to the loss or severe disability of a parent working abroad.
This initiative specifically targets the offspring of workers who have either lost their lives, become seriously ill, or suffered complete disability while working abroad. Designed to cater to students up to 18 years of age, the program offers financial assistance for both basic and secondary level education, ensuring uninterrupted academic progression. With a clear application deadline and a straightforward process outlined by the Board's Director, Tikaram Dhakal, this scholarship program is a vital resource for eligible families seeking educational stability in challenging times. Its commitment to providing educational opportunities underlines the board’s dedication to supporting communities and fostering future growth through accessible education.
Here's what you need to know:
- Scholarship Details: The board extends scholarships to children of workers who have either passed away or become seriously ill or completely disabled during their contract period in foreign employment.
- Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is available to children up to 18 years of age, studying in various educational levels ranging from pre-primary classes up to class 12 in both community and institutional schools.
- Financial Support: The scholarship offers financial aid of 12,000 rupees for basic level education and 16,000 rupees for secondary level education.
- Application Deadline: Interested applicants must submit their forms before the 8th of January.
- Purpose and Impact: This scholarship program is designed to ensure that the educational needs of these children are met, despite the challenging circumstances faced by their families.
How to Apply?
- Contact Information: For detailed information and application procedures, reach out to Tikaram Dhakal, the Information Officer and Director of the Board.
- Documentation: Ensure to gather all necessary documents, including proof of the parent’s employment status and the student's educational records.
Ensuring Educational Continuity
The Foreign Employment Board's scholarship initiative is more than just financial aid; it represents a beacon of hope and support for families facing adversity due to the challenges of foreign employment. By aiding in the continuity of education for these children, the Board plays a crucial role in shaping a brighter future for the next generation.Notice