APPLICATION CALL FOR Hybrid International Emergency Medicine- HIEM Training Program THE DEGREES OF MRCEM (Member of Royal College of Emergency Medicine) FQim (Fellowship in Quality Improvement).
HIEM is the first collaborative international Emergency Medicine (EM) postgraduate training program developed in the UK by QiMET International and implemented in Nepal since 2018.
The Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM), UK supports I-HEM programme.
II. COURSE OVERVIEW:
HIEM trainees will go through 4 years of training [1st and 4th year training in Nepal at Chitwan Medical College (CMC) and 2nd and 3rd year training in the UK]. Trainees will follow the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM) curriculum, RCEM e-portfolio, and Fellowship in Quality improvement (FQim) modules as part of the training. At the end of the training process, trainees will appear for the Member of Royal College of Emergency Medicine MRCEM exam and will receive two qualifications (MRCEM and FQim). Royal College of Emergency Medicine will award the degree of MRCEM. The World Academy of Medical Leadership (WAML) will award the degree of FQim.
The candidates will be designated as International Training Registrar (ITR), after selection in the HIEM training entrance exam.
III. HIEM RECOGNITION (RCEM)
HIEM training/ITR has been recognized by RCEM as Associate Membership (AOST) - Associate Member (Approved Overseas Training).
Trainees will go to the UK for training through Medical Training Initiative (MTI) scheme. The MTI scheme is designed to allow a small number of doctors to enter the UK from overseas for a maximum of 24 months so that they can benefit from training and development in NHS services before returning to their home countries as specialist. In this training pathway, trainees do not need to sit the PLAB exam.
HIEM is a four-year academic training and is not a degree.
Trainees will be recruited through Quality improvement Medical Education Training centres (QiMET) worldwide. In Nepal, QiMET National Centre, Nepal is based in Chitwan Medical College (CMC).
IV. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF HIEM ENTRANCE EXAM:
A. MBBS degree with one-year internship and one year completed as Medical Officer (MO) in Nepal and registered in Nepal Medical Council.
B. Those who have ever attempted/passed PLAB are not eligible for HIEM Entrance Exam.
V. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF APPLYING MTI APPLICATION TO CONTINUE HIEM UK TRAINING (2ND YEAR & 3RD YEAR TRAINING): PLEASE SEE CMC WEBSITE: www.cmc.edu.np
VI. NUMBER OF SEATS: 6 (SIX)
VII. EXAM DETAILS: QiMET International will conduct the exam.
20TH SEPTEMBER 2022: MCQ - 100 MCQ Emergency Medicine questions.
MCQ EXAM VENUE: Virtual Exam Sessions via ZOOM
Selected first sixteen candidates will appear for 3 Stations on — Clinical OSCE; Aptitude and Leadership & Communication Skills.
22nd & 23rd SEPTEMBER 2022 (Only for selected 16 candidates):
- English test (Only for selected candidates)- 500 words essay
- 3 stations — Clinical OSCE; Leadership & Communication Skills; Aptitude
- EXAM VENUE: CHITWAN MEDICAL COLLEGE (HOSPITAL BLOCK)
- EXAM APPLICATION CHARGE: NRS. 5000
- EXAM APPLICATION FORM: Please log in to: www.cmc.edu.np
- EXAM APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 17th September 2022
- EXAM APPLICATION SUBMISSION: Please fill up the online application form at www.cmc.edu.np
VIII. EXIT EXAM:
At the end of four years of HIEM training, trainees are expected to pass MRCEM exam, FQiM exam and all four ARCPs (Annual Review of Competency Progression) and complete the thesis.
IX. HIEM COURSE ADMISSION/TUTION FEE:
ADMISSION FEE: 1 lakh NPR
1ST INSTALLMENT: 13, 00,000.00 (Thirteen Lakhs) NPR at the time of admission
2ND INSTALLMENT: 10,55,000.00 (Ten Lakhs and Fifty Five thousand) NPR before the ARCP in Nepal in September, 2023
3RD INSTALLMENT: 3, 45,000.00 (Three Lakhs and Forty Five Thousand) NPR to be paid in UK during the 2 years of training period.
Five Lakhs of the above amount is refundable at the completion of HIEM Training)
- Stipend during CMC Training (1ST and 4th Year): NPR 18,000 per month in the 1st Year and NPR 24,000 per month in the 4th Year
- Stipend/Benefits during UK Training (2nd &3rdyear): £37,986/ annum + 50% banding £18, 993
- Other funding benefits during UK Training (£3800) are as follows:
- Fellowship in Quality improvement (FQim) course fund - £2000 - ALS, ATLS, APLS course funding support (around £1200)
- Eportfolio funding support (£400/ year)
- First-month accommodation free (£175)
- Entitle to bring your immediate family (wife+ children)
- Successful applicants can obtain full GMC registration without taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test.
XI. Selected candidates will have to sign a contract letter before the start of the HIEM Training Program.
XII. DROP-IN SESSION FOR ANY QUERIES REGARDING THE HIEM PROGRAMME:
Drop-in sessions for any clarifications regarding the HIEM Program/Exams have been arranged on September 6 & 13, 2022 from 4.45 pm to 6.45 pm Nepali Time via Zoom. UK Consultants and Programme lead will be available to clarify your questions in the Drop-In session.
FOR QUERIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
- Ms. Indira Nepal: email — [email protected] Mobile - 9802961119
- Dr. Niki Shrestha : email - [email protected] Mobile - 9851202040