The United States Peace Corps seeks experienced and qualified applicants for the full-time contracted position of General Administrative Assistant, Personal Services Contractor working 40 hours per week.
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Specialist, and in close coordination with the General Services Manager, the General Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering phone calls/emails, managing Volunteer administrative support, supporting logistics and procurement, inventory management, financial responsibilities, back-stopping human resources, and travel coordination, back-up IT support, and other duties as assigned. This position needs to be able to multi-task, adapt to pressure, demonstrate patience, proficient computer skills, attention to detail, and exhibit tact and diplomacy when interacting with vendors, contractors, and Volunteers.
Position: General Administrative Assistant -1 (One)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Management, or relevant field.
Prior Work Experience :
Two years within the last five years of direct administrative support experience in a professional office with an American or other International organization.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in both English and Nepali (written & spoken).
Skills and Abilities :
- Must have computer experience with superior skills in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- General knowledge of logistics management and/or event planning;
- Experience with managing procurement with vendors in-person and online, including obtaining quotations; Experience managing office supplies;
- Experience with basic accounting and/or basic financial management;
- Experience with Inventory and/or property management;
- Experience with travel coordination and/or human resources support;
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to perform administrative responsibilities efficiently and in compliance with Peace Corps and other relevant regulations; Must favorably meet US Embassy security clearance requirements.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: I
- Experience with information technology support and/or additional IT certifications.
- Ability to type in Nepali and English.
For full job advertisement, refer to https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV in English addressing the qualification requirements and in the format mentioned on the above website by email to: [email protected] by 5 PM on Thursday, August 25, 2022.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(Announcement Number: 22-003)Job Vacancy INGO Jobs