The U.S. Educational Foundation/Nepal was established in 1961 by an executive agreement between the governments of Nepal and the United States and has operated continuously since that time. Also known as the Fulbright Commission, it administers educational exchange activities between Nepal and the United States and provides Information about American higher education opportunities to the Nepali public.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer takes primary responsibility for the management of the English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program, Global Undergraduate Exchange (UGRAD) Program, and Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program.
In addition, s/he plays a lead role in Fulbright Program communication and outreach, including the development and implementation of a communication/engagement strategy and outreach materials.
S/he maintains good relations with partners and grantees, represents USEF/N at conferences, seminars, workshops, and other meetings as needed, and performs other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience, or the equivalent, in education and/or youth mobilization, with private, public, or nonprofit organizations
- Proven track record in program management and communication and outreach
- Experience in report writing, outreach material production (publications, multimedia presentations, websites/pages, photo/video reports), and event and social media management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Nepali
- Proven interpersonal and intercultural skills; team player
- Practical knowledge of education projects
- Personal experience in an educational setting in the U.S. desirable
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Education, Mass Communication, Development, or a related field preferred; Bachelor's degree as a minimum
- Open to Nepali nationals only
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Phone calls will not be accepted. Women and persons from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.Job Vacancy INGO Jobs