USAID Karnali Water Activity Vacancy Announcement for the position of Communications Specialist. the base of operations is Kathmandu Nepal.
Position: Communications Specialist
Type of Employment: LTTA
The base of Operations: Kathmandu, Nepal
The USAID Karnali Water Security Activity will create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for more resilient and biodiverse ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and reduces the fecal pathogen burden in the environment from poorly managed non-sewered sanitation through fecal sludge management. The program team will methodically integrate water resource management (WRM), watershed biodiversity conservation, and water and sanitation service delivery by mapping and strengthening the roles, connections, and capacities of key sectors and stakeholders systemwide.
Working under the supervision of the Strategic Communications and Learning Director, the Communications Specialist will support thektivity's diverse communications and outreach activities.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- In coordination with the field-based M&E and Comms Coordinators and Strategic Communications and Learning Director, lead production of the Karnali Water Activity's periodic progress reporting - monthly, quarterly and annual reports —as well as other contractual deliverables. Ensure final reports/deliverables are consistent with USAID Branding and Marking requirements.
- Facilitate project's public events such as openings, press conferences, forums, seminar and conference speaking engagements, news releases, and online media outlets.
- Support project information and communication needs. Report results on program status and impact, including drafting and finalizing press releases and success stories.
- Assist the Strategic Communications and Learning Director in the development and implementation of project's communications strategy, project branding, and messaging in line with the project's communication strategy.
- Assist Strategic Communications and Learning Director In disseminating and communicating project best practices and lessons learned.
- Develop compelling and creative communications content, including social media posts, infographics, videos, and presentations to demonstrate project impact.
- Document success stories in consultation with the technical team.
- Support capacity building of local counterparts to effectively communicate with communities.
- Minimum 12 years (10 years for excluded groups) of experience in communications and experience with donor-funded programs preferred with a Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8 years of experience (6 years for excluded groups) with a Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in marketing communications, information management, public affairs, public awareness and/or media.
- Communication skills developed in a marketing or advertising firm, or in media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English
The Communications Specialist will report to the Strategic Communications and Learning Director.
Interested applicants should submit an updated CV and cover letter to KarnaliWater_Recruitment@dalcom no later than November 30, 2022.
DAI promotes workforce diversity and considers excluded groups to include women, Oaths, indigenous ethnic groups, Madhesi, Muslims, persons with disabilities, people living in remote areas, and sexual and gender minorities.Job Vacancy INGO Jobs