United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organization which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. AS we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organizations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Project Manager - Mental Health (based in Kathmandu)
Health in one of the key technical areas of UMN's development programmes and focuses on lasting positive change in the health of the Poorest People Living within poverty in Nepal. The post holder is the team member of health technical team of UMN Thapathali Office. The main purpose of the post is to take responsibility for the overall management of the current mental health project and give close technical assistance to the Technical Officers in the clusters and implementing NGO partners in the district for their effective planning, implementation and monitoring.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree in Public Health/Psychology or equivalent and minimum three years or working experience in mental health and /or psychosocial support and health system strengthening;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current health issues in Nepal, especially mental health issues;
- Strong experience of project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting and developing proposals;
- Experience with participatory whole-community assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring process.
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty eradication strategies, polices and development practices in Nepal and outside.
- Cross-cultural work experience preferred.
- Good Computer skills including MS Office Package. Knowledge of database application would be an advantage.
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN Standards.
All interested in individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for the position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/privacy
Completed application form should be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
By 4:00 PM on Sunday, 08 July, 2018. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalized groups.
Deadline for Application Submission: 4:00 PM on Sunday, 08 July, 2018.
This Vacancy also published on Kantipur Daily (24th June, 2018)