Herald College Kathmandu (HCK) is an esteemed institution that offers UK university degrees at an affordable price with a focus on practical education. The college has a direct collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton, and students can complete their full-time bachelor's degree at HCK. The UK-style of learning with emphasis on self-study and research is followed at the college. The faculty members at HCK are renowned regionally and internationally, offering a top-notch education with access to employment opportunities.
The college provides its students with international exposure by funding their trip to the UK for a 15-day summer camp program, where they can interact with students from all over the world. The students at HCK can avail of excellent academic and social amenities to ensure they receive the best education while enjoying their studies.
The University of Wolverhampton evaluates any other qualifications, such as CBSE, IB, AP, etc., on a case-by-case basis. The minimum requirement for admission is being at least 18 years old.
In conclusion, Herald College Kathmandu is a premier institution that offers globally recognized degrees in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton, UK. The college's focus on practical education, international exposure, and the UK-style of learning make it an excellent choice for students seeking quality education at an affordable price.
Herald College Kathmandu (HCK) is a renowned educational institution that offers globally recognized degrees at affordable prices. Here are some of its salient features:
- Direct and full-time UK university courses: HCK offers bachelor's degrees in IT and business in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton in the UK. The courses are fully created, approved, and taught by the University of Wolverhampton in partnership with New Zealand.
- College run by pioneers in UK education: HCK is one of the earliest institutions to offer UK education in Nepal, run by a combination of local and foreign academics. The college was the first in Nepal to collaborate with a UK university in 1996.
- The British style of learning: The lecture-tutorial-workshop teaching method is used at HCK, which places a strong emphasis on self-study and research, encouraging leadership and entrepreneurship, and challenging students to think creatively.
- International exposure: Students from HCK have the opportunity to participate in the University of Wolverhampton's 15-Day Summer Camp program in the UK, fully funded by the college, to interact with students from all over the world.
- The finest resources: HCK provides excellent academic and social amenities to ensure that students get the most outstanding education while enjoying their studies. Students have access to an excellent university while studying at HCK.
- Learn from the best: HCK has internationally renowned faculties with combined academic and professional experience, who apply theoretical concepts to actual situations, and provide access to networks and employment opportunities.
- Admission guidelines: HCK accepts applications from students who have completed or will soon complete their upper secondary final exams. The minimum requirement is to be at least 18 years old, and applicants must meet the entry requirements, including English proficiency.
- Offered programs: HCK offers BSc (Hons) in International Business Management, BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, and International Master of Business Administration in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton.
Herald College Kathmandu (HCK) offers direct and full-time UK university courses in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton in the UK. The courses offered are designed, approved, and taught by the University of Wolverhampton in partnership with New Zealand. Students at Herald College have the option to complete their bachelor's degree in its entirety, and they are given full undergraduate status in the UK.
The college offers the following degree programs:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (BIT): This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of computer science, including software engineering, web development, networking, and artificial intelligence. The course is designed to equip students with practical skills and knowledge, enabling them to compete in the job market.
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management (BIBM): This course provides students with a thorough understanding of international business and management concepts. Students will gain knowledge of core business subjects such as accounting, finance, marketing, and operations management. This degree program is designed to equip students with practical skills and knowledge, enabling them to compete in the global job market.
- International Master of Business Administration (IMBA): This course provides students with advanced knowledge of business administration concepts and practices, enabling them to excel in their careers as managers and leaders. The program is designed to develop the analytical, strategic, and leadership skills required for effective decision-making in a global business environment.
Herald College Kathmandu offers the Attitude, Academics and Attendance (AAA) Scholarship to reward the most deserving students for their excellent performance in academics, attendance, and attitude. The scholarship is awarded to 10% of students in each academic year and covers the college semester fees of the first academic year.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have good academic standing
- Maintain at least 80% attendance in each module
- Timely payment of all financial dues
- Have a clean disciplinary record and exhibit exemplary behavior
Interested students can apply for the AAA Scholarship by contacting the Student Services Department for further information.
Why Choose Herald College Kathmandu?
There are several reasons why one might choose Herald College Kathmandu:
- Quality education: Herald College Kathmandu offers quality education with experienced faculty members and a modern teaching approach to ensure that students receive a well-rounded education.
- Variety of courses: The college offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields like business, information technology, and hospitality, providing students with the opportunity to explore their interests and find the perfect fit.
- State-of-the-art facilities: The college is equipped with modern facilities like computer labs, a library, and an auditorium to support the academic and extracurricular needs of the students.
- Career opportunities: The college has a strong industry partnership, providing students with ample opportunities to gain practical experience, build networks, and secure internships and job placements.
- Scholarship programs: Herald College Kathmandu offers a range of scholarship programs to support deserving students, making quality education accessible to all.
- Student life: The college has a vibrant student community with a variety of extracurricular activities, events, and clubs, providing students with a well-rounded college experience.
If you wish to apply to HCK for BSc (Hons) Computer Science, you must have completed your NEB +2 qualification with an aggregate of 55% or 2.2 CGPA. If you have A-Levels, a minimum of 3.5 credits and a grade of D and above are required. The English proficiency required is NEB XII Marks ≥ 60% or 2.4 GPA, a pass in General Paper or English Language or IELTS 5.5 or PTE 47. In case you don't match these requirements, you'll need to enroll in Year 0 (Level 3), a one-year academic program offered by the University of Wolverhampton.
For BSc (Hons) International Business Management, you need to have completed your NEB +2 qualification with an aggregate of 45% or 1.8 CGPA. If you have A-Levels, a minimum of 3.5 credits and a grade of D and above are required. The English proficiency required is NEB XII Marks ≥ 45% or 1.8 GPA, a pass in General Paper or English Language or IELTS 5.5 or PTE 47. If you don't meet these prerequisites, you'll have to take an internationally recognized English test like IELTS overall band 4.5 with minimum 4.5 in each band or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Score above 47.
Overall, Herald College Kathmandu offers a comprehensive learning experience that helps students grow both academically and personally, making it an excellent choice for those seeking quality education in Nepal.
Herald College, Bishalnagar, Handigaun, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-9801022637, +977-1-5970120, +977-9801000078
Email: [email protected]