Indreshwor campus was established in 2001 AD (2058 BS) as a community campus and it is one of the oldest campuses of Kavrepalanchowk district. It has a great history of existence. It is the leading educational institution of Panauti which is supporting the citizens of Panauti in attaining the higher education. Its contribution cannot be forgotten because it has been the institution for providing the great manpower for the nations like teachers, businessman, civil servant officers and others.
This glorious institution has been established in the heart of the Panauti Municipality. There were contributions of many social workers and scholars for its establishment. From the day of its establishment it has continuously played a significant role in spreading the brighter rays of life. For this it has coordinated and cooperated with various governmental and non-governmental organizations, including various stakeholders. And recently it has been the member of Higher Education Reform Project (HERP) of University Grant Commission (UGC), and the aim behind it is to improve the Quality of education of this wonderful organization.
The vision of Indreshwor Campus is very wide. It aims at providing quality education to the people of the community. It is not only planning to produce efficient manpower to run the nation at present. It is aiming to develop such an intelligent, skilled and organized manpower who can lead the nation in path of peace prosperity and harmony. It focuses on inclusive education where handicapped, deprived, marginalized, socially dominated, genuine join hands together for educational, social and economic upliftment.
The main goal of the Indreshwor Campus into such an organization which is academically, financially, socially, and physically successful academic institution in Nepal.
It should take such mission which do not only fulfill present demand of the nation, it should be focused on the need internationally. Considering this thing Indreshwor Campus has the following missions set:
- Inclusive education
- Quality education
- Extensive public participation
- Sustainable / far sighted educational programmes
- Improving living standard of marginalized groups especially
- Inter-disciplinary education
- Improve quality of life
- Need based education
- Producing efficient, capable, competitive and skilled manpower for the nation
- Develop manpower equipped with latest technologies
- To improve academic performance of the students
- To maintain easy access of quality education, especially for marginalized groups
- To improve the academic performance of the lecturers through trainings, seminars, workshops and others.
- Develop and recruit institutionally and professionally dedicated teaching and non-teaching staffs
- Strengthen the existing infrastructures of development
- Establish sound and fruitful relationship with other national and international universities and colleges
- Establish highly equipped library and classrooms
- To reform administrative system
- To reform evaluation system
- Improve various other facilities: canteen stationery, infrastructure materials, drinking water, toilet, communication, internet and others
- Expand its academic programmers
- Improve social-public relationship