Kantipur Engineering College (KEC) was established in 1998 as a privately owned higher technical educational institution located in Dhapakhel, Lalitpur, Nepal. KEC is affiliated with Tribhuvan University (TU) for Bachelor Level Engineering programs.
The KEC in 1999 in collaboration with the University of Belarus, started a BE program in Civil and Industrial Engineering under the Extra-Mural faculty of the Polotsk State University, Belarus. With a specific objective of imparting quality education, in 1999 the college shifted to its own complex at Dhapakhel, Lalitpur, a location best suited for engineering education inside Kathmandu Valley with a peaceful and pollution-free environment.
KEC started BE in Computer Engineering and BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering from 2000 and 2002, respectively. It endeavors to fabricate accomplished and capable engineers proficient enough to face the dynamic changes of the present century at a relatively tenable cost. BE in Electrical Engineering and Bachelor in Architecture are in pipeline.
KEC is one of the best engineering colleges in Nepal in terms of quality engineering education, a peaceful and pollution-free environment, its own physical infrastructure, and international linkage.
Vision: Develop the college as a center of excellence for engineering education in Nepal and South-East Asia.
Mission: KEC attempts to serve the people of Nepal in order to enhance the infrastructure development of the country by imparting quality engineering education, carrying applied research, and producing competent engineering manpower.
KEC has been established with the primary objectives to:
- Produce proficient, qualified, and socially responsible engineering manpower required to face the challenges of the country in the new millennium.
- Develop the college as a research and resource center so as to initiate research activities to strengthen engineering potentialities and to solve problems related to the areas of engineering in the country.
- Provide opportunities to the citizens of Nepal willing to get engineering education in different fields at affordable cost.
- Launch different programs to integrate educational and developmental activities.
- Serve as a sustained center for imparting engineering education so as to update and upgrade the existing engineering manpower.
Salient Features of Kantipur Engineering College:
- 21+ years of service in engineering education
- Situated in a peaceful and pollution-free environment that fosters creativity
- Service of experienced and enthusiastic full-time faculty and staff
- International linkage with student and staff exchange to foreign universities
- Well equipped laboratories and workshop
- Ample opportunities to participate in intra and inter-college technical exhibitions and competitions
- Integration of co-curricular activities with course materials
- Organizes technical exhibitions/competitions and international conferences annually
- Scholarship for deserving students
- Personal and professional development opportunities for students and staffs
- Earthquake resistant infrastructure built-in 35 Ropanis of land
- Research and Training Facility
- Library with ample books and reference materials
- Supplementary classes and close sessions for additional support
- Subsidized transportation facility with maximum coverage inside the Kathmandu valley
- Accidental insurance for all staffs and students
- Canteens, sports court, photocopy and stationery inside the college premises
Kantipur Engineering College (KEC) offered Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Bachelor of Computer Engineering. KEC also proposed for Bachelor in Achectures (B.Arch.) and Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.
Kantipur Engineering College (KEC): Dhapakhel, P.O.Box: 8849, Lalitpur, Nepal
Phone: +977-1-5229204, +977-1-5229005
Email: [email protected]