Madhesh Agricultural University (MAU) was established on 13 December 2021 (27 Mangsir 2079) in Rajbiraj, Saptari District of Madhesh Province, Nepal. MAU is a premier institute for higher education research and development in the field of agriculture. It is the first autonomous agricultural university in Madhesh province. Which has been established by the Madhesh Province Parliament as the Madhesh Agricultural University Act 2079 (State Agricultural University Ordinance 2078).
This university has taken the responsibility of producing skilled manpower through agricultural education, research, and dissemination, and producing new technologies suitable for Madhesh province and the nation. This university also works to identify and solve the problems of farmers in the province.
The concept of Madhesh Agricultural University is envisioned to achieve excellence as a specialized university committed to contributing to the needs of the nation and the province through quality agricultural education, visionary research, and need-based dissemination in the agricultural sector.
The aim of the university is to improve the socio-economic condition of the people and improve the standard of living of the people by improving and developing the agriculture, animal husbandry, aquaculture, food technology, and forestry sectors of Madhesh Province and Nepal.
The aim of the university is to produce competent and qualified agricultural human resources for development in agriculture, fisheries, food processing, agriculture, and related subjects and to impart knowledge, skills, positive attitude, and values to the students.
Main Objectives of the University:
The main objective of the university is to produce highly educated and skilled manpower in the agricultural sector to improve the social and economic status of the people by modernizing and transforming agriculture. To fulfill this objective, the university initiates a program of education, research, and dissemination in the state and the nation.
- Communicate to farmers at the feasible level to ensure proven innovations after the demonstration. A mechanism that acts as a mediator between farmers and researchers and enables the identification of problems through positive feedback.
- In order to achieve progress in related fields through subject experts, farmers of the central and state governments will be trained in crop improvement, horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, food science, and agroforestry to provide knowledge and skills to farmers on a wide scale.
The University has planned to start a four-year (8-semester) Bachelor's Degree (Hons) in Agriculture from the academic year 2022-23 after establishing the College of Agriculture. The curriculum has been prepared in consultation with professors, researchers, and experts in various subjects to prepare competitive and quality undergraduate degree courses. MAU plans to set up agricultural farms, agricultural research and innovation centers, seed production units, farmer training centers, etc.
- The aim of the university is to produce skilled manpower to promote quality education, research, and development in agriculture.
- Making agricultural education responsive to the needs of the farming community, especially the growing and changing needs of society.
- To establish a dynamic system of agricultural education to train skilled and competent human resources to address the challenging tasks of research, extension, and new emerging sectors of agriculture-based industries.
- To achieve scientific progress in all fields of agriculture for the long-term production of technology, to develop appropriate end-use technologies to solve the problems of farmers in order to increase agricultural production including animal husbandry, fisheries, food science, forestry, and research.
- Establishing state-of-the-art infrastructure including well-equipped laboratories, abundant pharmacologic testing sites, and a functional research management system to ensure efficient and cost-effective implementation of emissary research programs.
- Attracting qualified and talented staff and individuals for research in the university.
- To produce qualified and exemplary manpower to conduct research based on need.
Hostels, well-equipped classrooms, research facilities, experimental laboratories, field and test areas, libraries, laboratory facilities, training centers, research and innovation centers, health centers, playgrounds, gymnasiums, college buses, tour arrangements, etc.