Ramtulasi Model Secondary School, located in Rampur, Palpa district, is a public school established in 1968 AD. The school offers Ten plus two programs in Science, Management, and Humanities, as well as a three-year full-time technical course Diploma in Plant Science. However, what sets this school apart is its unique approach to education that blends modern technology with traditional customs and way of life.
The school's headmaster, Balkrishna Lamsal, believes in providing quality education while preserving the community's culture and traditions. To achieve this goal, the school conducts festival programs on various occasions like Krishna Janmashtami, Dashain Tihar, and Phagupurnima. This approach, known as Monteshwari education, has helped to inculcate culture and festivals in learning and provide quality education within rural areas.
A Well-rounded Approach to Education
The school has a well-rounded approach to education, with graded classes for pre-primary A, English medium B, and Nepali medium C. Additionally, the school plans to introduce music, culture, and sports teacher management classes, guest rooms, and a hostel that can accommodate at least 50 people in the upcoming academic session. This approach ensures that students receive a holistic education.
Positive Impact on Students
Ramtulasi Model Secondary School has brought about a significant change in the attitudes of parents and students towards education. Parents who were previously skeptical about teaching their children in institutional schools are now sending them to Ramtulasi. Students are now excited to come to school, as the educational environment is changing for the better. With eight Monteshwori-trained teachers, modern technology, and adequate playgrounds, the school is setting an example for other rural schools to follow.
Overall, Ramtulasi Model Secondary School is a model school in the Palpa district that has emerged as a beacon of hope for poor families in rural areas. Its unique approach to education, blending modernity with tradition, and inculcating culture and festivals in learning, has made it a popular choice among parents and students. With its well-rounded approach to education and positive impact on students, Ramtulasi Model Secondary School is setting an example for other rural schools to follow.
To be a leading institution that provides quality education to students, while also preserving and promoting traditional customs and way of life in the community.
Our mission is to empower students to become well-rounded individuals by providing a holistic education that emphasizes critical thinking, creativity, and innovation. We strive to cultivate a learning environment that fosters respect for tradition, culture, and diversity, while also integrating modern technology and teaching methods. Our aim is to prepare students to excel in their academic pursuits and contribute positively to their communities.
- To provide high-quality education to students in the rural areas of Palpa district, with a focus on Science, Management, Humanities, and Technical courses.
- To preserve and promote traditional customs and way of life in the community through the integration of festivals and culture in learning.
- To provide a well-rounded education that emphasizes critical thinking, creativity, and innovation, while also promoting respect for tradition, culture, and diversity.
- To integrate modern technology and teaching methods to enhance the learning experience of students and prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century.
- To prepare students to excel in their academic pursuits and contribute positively to their communities by instilling values such as integrity, empathy, and social responsibility.