The CAP-II Course is the second stage of the Chartered Accountancy Course. It is a one-year program designed to provide students with the required knowledge and skills in the subject.
ELIGIBILITY: To join the Chartered Accountancy Intermediate Level, a person should meet one of the following requirements:
- Pass the Foundation Course Examination.
- Be a graduate or post-graduate in Commerce, Business Administration, or Management with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Be a graduate or post-graduate with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks. Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 or equivalent examination without results may also register provisionally for the CAP-II/Intermediate course. However, provisional registration will only be confirmed upon proof of passing the examination within six months from the date of provisional registration. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of provisional registration and non-refundable fees.
SALIENT FEATURES: Registration for the CAP-II course is open throughout the year. To apply, students should complete the Application Form as prescribed by Annexure 1 (Rule-2061). They should also submit copies of their Mark sheet/Transcript, Character Certificate of previous qualification, copy of Citizenship or Passport, and Receipt of Fee Pad.
There is a deadline for registration. The exam is held twice a year, one in June and the other in December. For the June exam, registration must be completed by the end of May, and for the December exam, by the end of November.
The registration fee for the CAP-II/Intermediate course is Rs. 30,000, to be paid at the time of registration along with other applicable fees. However, the registration fee can also be paid in installments, with Rs. 15,000 paid at the time of registration and the balance amount paid within the specified time frame. The registration fee includes the cost of the Institute's Study Material, Pre-test exam, Institute's Newsletter, and Institute's Journal, and is non-refundable.
CURRICULAR STRUCTURE: The CAP-II/Intermediate course is comprised of seven papers, each carrying 100 marks and divided into two groups:
- Advanced Accounting
- Audit & Assurance
- Corporate & Other Laws
- Financial Management
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Business Communication & Marketing
- Income Tax & VAT
The CAP-II course is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of accounting, audit, corporate and other laws, financial management, cost and management accounting, business communication and marketing, as well as income tax and VAT.
Students can choose to appear for either one or both groups of papers. To be eligible to appear for the exams, students must complete a minimum of nine months of study course from the date of registration.
The course curriculum is regularly updated to stay current with the latest developments in the field. Students are provided with the necessary study materials, and there are also pre-test exams to help students prepare for the actual exams.
In conclusion, the CAP-II course is a challenging yet rewarding program that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to become successful chartered accountants. With the right dedication and hard work, students can achieve their goals and succeed in their chosen careers.