The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Institute, formed in 1904 is the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification. The ACCA Qualification is the world-leading accountancy.
Why Study ACCA?
ACCA is the largest and fastest-growing global professional accountancy body in the world. In the global market, employers seek out ACCA-trained professionals because they know ACCA has strategic thinking, technical knowledge, and professional values to drive their organizations forward and bring innovation to the workplace. After completing ACCA, you can drive your career in any direction. You open doors to the best and most interesting roles all over the world and make it all the way to senior management.
The ACCA Qualification is a very comprehensive qualification. Its syllabus covers almost all the subjects in the field of accountancy and management such as taxation, auditing, law, business studies, professional and ethical issues, financial management, financial reporting, and management accounting. The qualification is designed to provide a wide range of competencies and skills to the students. The ACCA Qualification is designed to ensure that the members get all the competencies and skills needed to work in a wide variety of organizations and in a wide variety of work roles. The ACCA Qualification is based on international accounting and auditing standards. These standards are accepted in a large number of countries. Therefore, an ACCA member is equipped with the skills to work in any country where these standards are accepted.
- The ACCA is the only truly global accountancy qualification with members in 180+ countries. A global program that tracks the needs of industry and employers.
- ACCA is a badge of quality and professionalism that ensures your knowledge and skills are of the highest standard.
- The ACCA Qualification is based on international accounting and auditing standards and is International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) compliant making them globally relevant.
- The ACCA Qualification takes the candidate to advanced levels in a variety of subjects such as: Management, Decision Making, Financial Reporting, and Financial Strategies.
- The ACCA has achieved strong recognition worldwide by building relationships with influential organizations including local and multinational companies, accounting bodies, educational institutions, governments, and also entities such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
- The ACCA Qualification makes you able to work anywhere you choose, internationally because of ACCA’s world-class reputation.
- The ACCA Qualification papers can be continued in any other country if a student is migrating to another country.
- The ACCA Qualification is equivalent to British Master’s Degree.
ACCA at ISMT College?
- Cost-effectiveness: Generally international university courses and degrees are a lot more expensive comparing the cost we pay for university degrees in Nepal. ACCA Qualification can be achieved at ISMT College at a very affordable tuition fee.
- Worldwide recognition: the course ISMT college offers has global recognition. Graduated students not only get job opportunities in Nepal, particularly in Corporate and business houses but also opportunities in an international organization, particularly in multinational companies and organizations as it has global value and recognition.
- Licensed CBE Exam Centre.
- Experienced and industry-based faculty members.
- Market-leading study materials: Study texts & Revision Notes.
- Morning Classes and Intensive courses as required.
- Periodic conduction of Mock Tests reflecting the real exam scenario.
- Internship placement in Audit Firms, Industries, Banking & Financial Institutions, NGO/INGO.
- Access to Library and Regular ECA/CCA Activities.
- ISMT offers ACCA courses in Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara, and Biratnagar.
The papers of the ACCA professional qualification are grouped into Fundamental Level and Strategic Professional Level. Fundamental Levels are also grouped into Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills. Strategic Professional also consists of Essentials and Options (2 electives out of 4). Please find listed below all papers of the ACCA professional qualification:
Applied Knowledge Level:
ACCA Knowledge level is the first level of the ACCA qualification. The Applied Knowledge exams provide students with a broad introduction to the world of finance and develop your essential understanding and techniques in accounting and consists of three modules:
- BT – Business and Technology
- MA – Management Accounting
- FA – Financial Accounting.
Note: Once a student has passed these three exams, they can progress onto the ACCA Skills level.
Applied Skills Level:
ACCA Skills level is the second level in the ACCA qualification and comprises six modules and exams. This level is open to students who have completed the Knowledge level or gained exemptions from the Knowledge level through relevant studies, such as completing a relevant degree. The Applied Skills exams build on existing knowledge and understanding and develop strong, broad, and practical finance skills required of the future strategic professional accountants in any sector or industry.
- LW- Corporate Law
- PM- Performance Management
- TX – Taxation
- FR – Financial Reporting
- AA – Audit & Assurance
- FM – Financial Management
Note: Once a student has passed these 6 exams, they can progress onto the Strategic Professional level.
Strategic Professional Level:
ACCA Strategic Professional level is the final level of the ACCA qualification. This level is open to students who have passed relevant ACCA exams or who have a relevant degree/master's. The Strategic Professional exams prepare students for future leadership positions. They develop the strategic vision using your unique blend of technical, ethical, and professional skills. And you can specialize in areas that best suit your career ambitions. Students must complete both Essentials exams and choose two of the Options.
- SBL – Strategic Business Leader
- SBR – Strategic Business Reporting
Options (any two)
- AFM- Advanced Financial Management
- APM – Advanced Performance Management
- ATX – Advanced Taxation
- AAA – Advanced Audit & Assurance
Note: You must sit the essential paper and then choose two papers from the options
To qualify as an ACCA member you should:
- Complete 13 exams (Maximum nine Papers are eligible for exemptions)
- Complete the online Ethics and Professional Skills Module. (EPSM)
- Complete 3 Years Practical Experience Requirement Record.
Entry Requirements & Intakes:
Applied Knowledge Level:
- 10+2: Students must achieve at least 65% / B / 2.6 (or above) in 2 subjects and at least 50% / C+ / 2.0 (or above) in the remaining 3, including English and Maths/Accountancy.
- +2 Passes at GCE /VCE A level (Grades A to E)
Applied Skills Level:
- FIA/ACCA Applied Knowledge paper passed or exempted. Bachelors or Masters on Relevant subject.
Strategic Professional Level:
- ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills level papers passed or exempted. CA or Masters on Relevant Subject.
BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting at ISMT College:
- You can gain a BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting while you work towards achieving your ACCA Qualification. To be awarded the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Complete all ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams.
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project.
- Complete the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module according to the Research and Analysis Project submission dates.
ACCA Exam Intakes:
For all Applied Knowledge exams and Applied Knowledge Skills (only Corporate Law) exams, students can appear for the On-Demand Computer Based Exam (CBE) at any time during the year at ISMT College. For the Remaining exams, Students must take session-based exams during ACCA’s four exam sessions a year. These take place over 5 days in March, June, September, and December.
Career & Important Information:
- Course Intake: March, June, September, and December
- Duration: 3 Years (Approx.)
- Study Mode: Full Time
Career Opportunities after completing ACCA:
The different finance roles and opportunities the ACCA Qualification will bring you are as follows:
- Audit Senior, Business Advisor, External Auditor, Internal Auditor.
- Financial Accountant, Fixed Assets Manager
- Business Intelligence Professional, Financial System Specialists, Technology Risk Management professionals
- Fund Manager, Credit Control Manager, Pricing Specialist
- Forensic Accountant, Risk Manager, Non-executive Director
- Tax Accountant, Management Accountant
Tinkune, Gairigaun, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-1-4485278, +977-1-4485279
Email: [email protected]