This curriculum is of three years duration with six semesters based on the semester system. It is designed to produce middle level competent electrical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills related to the specialization areas of Product Design, Maintenance Engineering, Power Generation Engineering and Industrial Engineering under Electrical engineering so as to meet the demand of such workforce in the country and to contribute in the national streamline of poverty reduction of this country of Nepal.
This curriculum has following Course Objectives:
- To produce middle level competent electrical workforce/human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Electrical Engineering with specialization in the following areas;
- Installation of Electrical Systems
- Power System
- Electrical Machines and Industrial Drives
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Repair and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- To prepare such electrical technicians who are able to work in the local industrial settings of the country.
- To prepare such electrical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- To help to meet the demand of such electrical workforce for the industries of Nepal.
- To reduce the dependence on employing electrical technicians from foreign countries.
The total duration of this curricular program is three years. Each year consists of two semesters of six months each.
Individuals who have passed SLC or equivalent with English, Science, and Mathematics or related Technical SLC (TSLC)
- SLC or equivalent with English, Science, and Mathematics or related Technical SLC (TSLC)
- Should pass entrance examination.
- Candidate should be physically fit for the program.
- Individuals of lower economic status preferred.
Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.
Medium of instruction:
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali.
Pattern of attendance:
Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination