The MSc Information and Technology is a programme rich in a specialisation, that provides a transformational experience to its students by integrating the technological and business aspects of modern IT. In an era where digitalisation is pervasive across all sectors and industries, the course has been designed to address the high demands of both the private and public sector, by filling the current digital skills gap.
It further provides students with the knowledge required to succeed in the industry, and develops them into skilled IT experts, with the ability to deal with complex IT issues in business - both systematically and creatively.
The course has been designed to allow for the customisation of modules, in order to grant students the freedom to choose from a wide range of different subject areas. In this way the MSc allows students to tailor their learning and pick the advancements and aptitudes they need to specialise in their chosen area.
- Develop techno-preneurs and entrepreneurs by cultivating entrepreneurial mindset irrespective of their educational backgrounds.
- Produce problem solvers who has the capabilities of facing the challenges and complexities of the competitive job market.[Basically in the fields of Data science, Cloud computing, Research and Project Management]
- Empowering students to explore and pursue innovative IT solutions and start their ventures.
- Promote Leadership and Project management Skills through proper communication necessary to lead IT teams and projects effectively.
- Encourage students to engage in research and innovation within the field of information technology, enabling them to contribute to advancements and developments in the industry.
- Award Title: MSc Information and Technology
- Awarding Body: Leeds Beckett University
- Teaching Institution: The British College
- Duration: 18 months
- Entry: Jan/Feb; April/May (for Foundation only); Aug/Sep
The Pre-Masters Programme is suggested to be successfully completed before joining the University's Programme. It is structured as follows:
|Academic English/Study Skills
|Technology, Information Systems & Digital Innovation
|Introduction to Data Analytics
The Leeds Beckett Msc IT programme is structured as follows and is made up of six core modules and two option modules.
|Managing Information in the Digital and Global Environment (MIDGE)
|Negotiated Skills Development
|Database Systems and Approaches
|Research Practice (delivered across semester 1 and 2)
Elective Options (Choose One)
Elective Options (Choose One)
As the course has an international context, graduates will be competent at working in both the local, and the international job market. e.g within a corporation, government offices, and international organisation or similar, in a range of roles including (but not limited to):
- IT Faculty
- IT project manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Senior software engineer
- Data analysts
- Database Administrator
- Web developer
- Bachelors Honours Degree: 2:2 or above (55% or above)
- A pass in TBC's Pre-Masters degree;
- A degree greater than or equal to 2.2 (Students fully meeting UWE entry criteria can join directly to the university programme) and;
- A minimum of 6.5 IELTS or equivalent (with no skill below 6)
- A student may be allowed admission with relevant managerial (evidenced) work experience (no less than 2-3 years).
(Note: individual university partners may have variations on the type and amount of work experience and if it is required. Please refer to the Programme Leader for further specific course information).
Why study MSc Information and Technology at TBC?
TBC wants to promote and enhance independent study and lifelong learning.
- TBC wants to develop professionals who are sound in their field and have a critical awareness of current IT issues—and an understanding of how those issues fit into a wider context.
- We will enable students who want to take up specialist routes because we believe they must have as much opportunity as possible to advance their knowledge in areas they deem essential.
- TBC will provide a base of knowledge and experience rooted in the developed world that can be easily utilized in the unique and often special situations of the developing world.