Government of Nepal Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Scholarship Branch: Scholarship Opportunity for B.Sc. Engineering in Pakistan under PTAP Program
The Government of Nepal, through the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology, is pleased to announce scholarships for the academic session 2023/2024 under the Pakistan Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) for B.Sc. Engineering. This program offers a great opportunity for Nepali students interested in pursuing engineering studies in Pakistan.
- Scholarship Availability: The Government of Nepal has secured 6 seats for B.Sc. Engineering in Pakistan. As per the Student Scholarship Regulations 2060 (with amendments), these seats are reserved for both general and reserved categories.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who have appeared in the entrance exam conducted in 2079 from Pulchok and have been placed on the Merit List are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Application Period: Interested Nepali candidates can apply for the scholarship from 25th Jestha 2080 to 32nd Jestha 2080 during office hours at the Scholarship Branch, Sanothimi Bhaktapur.
- Application Process: The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. Completed application forms along with the required documents must be submitted to the Scholarship Branch.
Number of Seats and Quota Distribution:
- Total Seats Obtained: 6
- Quota Division:
- General Category: 3
- Madhesi Category: 1
- Woman Category: 1
- Janajati Category: 1
Minimum Qualification Required:
The concerned institution has prescribed the following minimum qualification for admission to the B.Sc. Engineering program:
[Please insert the specific minimum qualification required by the institution.]
Documents Required for Scholarship Application:
While applying for the scholarship at the Scholarship Branch, candidates need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of Nepali Citizenship Certificate - 1 piece
- Copy of admit card and photocopy of the page containing the name of merit order from the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Engineering Studies (IOE), Pulchok in 2071
- Copy of SLC/SEE Exam Passed Marksheet – 1 copy
- Class 12th or equivalent examination transcripts and copies of certificates - 1 piece
- Equivalency determination from the relevant agency if the institution or ward studied is foreign
- Certificate from the concerned district administration office confirming the identity in case of a name difference
- Gross receipt of Rs 1000 (one thousand rupees) deposited in the National Commercial Bank (office code no. 350003501 and revenue title no. 14229)
Reservation Criteria for Community School Group:
Candidates seeking reservation under the community school group should submit the following additional documents along with their application:
- Letter of recommendation from the concerned local body or Education Development and Coordination Unit, stating that the SLC/SEE passed school is a community government school.
- Disability certificate issued by the concerned rural municipality or municipality, as per Schedule 1 of the Regulations on Open Scholarships due to Disadvantage, 2060.
- Letter of recommendation from the concerned agency, proving membership of the respective community:
- Recommendation of the tribe from the concerned district administration office or local body.
- Recommendation for Madhesi candidates from the district administration office or relevant local body.
Reservation Criteria for Other Schools (Other School Group):
Candidates applying under the other school group must submit the documents specified for the general group, as well as a letter of recommendation from the agency specified in paragraph (5), point 3, to prove their community membership. These candidates will be considered for a reserved seat only if there are no eligible candidates in the community school group. Otherwise, the reserved seat will be converted into a general seat and distributed according to the scholarship regulations.
Order of Merit:
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will establish the merit order for both the general and reserved groups based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the concerned study institute or faculty. The rank/merit and relevant reservation documents will be considered in the merit evaluation process.
If you require any assistance or have any queries while filling out the application form, please feel free to contact the Scholarship Branch at 01-6635442 for further information.
This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring Nepali students to pursue their engineering education in Pakistan under the PTAP program. Apply now and take a step towards a successful engineering career.
Notice International Scholarship