Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2023 - 24 for Bachelor Level Nepalese Students
The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme (MGSS) and Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme (GJSS) from Nepali Nationals studying in Nepal.
The Online Application Form may be submitted through the Web Portal www.goischolarship.com.np from November 07, 2023 to December 07, 2023.
Applicants will not be able to submit applications after 23:59 hrs. on December 07, 2023.
GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2023-24 for Bachelor Courses
- Candidate should be a regular Undergraduate student of 1st Year in any recognized educational institute of Nepal. Proof of student studying in undergraduate course attested by Principal/Head of Institute to be uploaded.
- Candidate must have secured at least 70% aggregate marks at the Intermediate Level (Class 12/ Plus Two). Mark sheet of Class 12/ Plus Two to be uploaded.
- Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal. Citizenship Certificate of self or parent to be uploaded.
- Proof in respect of physically challenged candidate issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NPR 2,00,000/- per annum. Income proof issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1st July 2024.
- Note: (i) Those who are receiving scholarship from any other source are not eligible to apply. (ii) Please do not include Class 11 marks. (iii) Those who have enrolled in Diploma courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
2. Scholarship Amount and Duration:
The selected candidates will get a scholarship amount as detailed below.
Scholarship Amount per Month (in NPR)
Scholarship Duration (in Years)
B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ BAMS
The scholarship will continue in the second and subsequent years only on submission of copy of each year's passed mark sheet along with present status (certificate) of his/her promotion to and study in next year/semester of the opted course, duly authenticated by Principal/Head of Institute. The awardees failing in first year (both semesters) and subsequent years (semesters) will not be entitled for scholarship amount in the following years.
The awardees may submit their documents latest by December 31st every year either physically at Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or via email: [email protected] failing which the scholarship will be terminated.
The scholarship will continue in the second and subsequent years provided that the awardees continue to study and pass in the first and subsequent years. The student should submit each year’s passed marks sheet (except of final year) along with present status of his/her study, authenticated by Head/administrator(with seal) of the institute/college.
The documents should be submitted latest by second week of December either physically at Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or via email: [email protected], failing which the scholarship may be terminated. The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails successively in two semesters or discontinue study or any other valid reason.
- Applicants are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/e-mail address clearly in online Application Form, and also upload the recent passport size photograph. Any change in address/ telephone/ mobile number should be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate’s signature.
- Filling up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in absence of documents as mentioned in the ‘documents required’ column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidature/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
- Before filling up the application form online, students/guardian are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there is no scope for modification in online system once form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and Password in safe custody for future correspondence/reference.
- The Embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.
Indian Embassy accepts applications directly from applicants only. But the embassy does not recognize the application made through any educational consultant or intermediary or agency in Nepal.
All students are requested to be cautious with such unauthorized entities or persons. Applications received through such unauthorized bodies or individuals will be cancelled.
For more information about filling the online application form or if you have any other queries, you can write to [email protected].Notice Government Scholarship International Scholarship Scholarship in Nepal