The Embassy of India in Kathmandu invites online applications for the Mahatma Gandhi and Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme from Nepali students studying in Nepal.
Online application can be sent to www.goischolarship.com.np. The last date for application is 22 Poush, 2078.
Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
Note: Those who have previously received scholarships from any other source will be considered ineligible for this scheme.
2) Scholarship amount and duration:
Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
- The applicant should be a regular student enrolled in the first year or first semester of undergraduate level in any recognized educational institution of Nepal. Evidence of graduation certified by the headmaster must be uploaded.
- Applicants must have obtained 70 percent aggregate marks in + 2 / Class 12. You will also need to upload a certificate of that level.
- The applicant must be a Nepali citizen. If the applicant is not his or hers, the parent's citizenship certificate must be uploaded.
- Candidates with disabilities will have to submit proof of certification from the Chief District Officer or Local District Officer or Municipal Chief.
- Candidate's annual family income should be less than NRs. 200,000. Proof of annual income provided by the Chief District Officer or the local district officer or the head of the municipality should be uploaded.
Age Limit: By 1 July 2022, the age of the applicant should be between 17 to 22 years.
Note:(i) Those who have been receiving scholarship from any other source before this will be considered ineligible for this scheme. (ii) Please do not include class 11 marks. (iii) Scholarships will not be provided for diploma courses.
2) Scholarship amount and duration:
|Programs / Courses||Scholarship Amount Per Month Nrs.||Scholarship Duration (year)|
|MBBS / BDS / BAMS||4000||5|
|Engineering / BAMS||4000||4|
|Others (BA, B.Com, Bsc etc)||3000||3|
If the student who has received the scholarship passes continuously in the first and subsequent years, the scholarship will be applicable in the second and subsequent years also. The student should submit a copy of the certificate of passing except the final year and the certificate of the year of study signed by the head of the educational institution and stamped by the institution within the second half of December to the Education Department of the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu or to the Consulate General of India in Birgunj; These documents can also be sent to the Department of Education's email: [email protected]. Otherwise, the scholarship scheme may end.
Scholarship will be withheld if the student receiving the scholarship fails in two consecutive semesters or if the study is incomplete or for any other valid reason.
Things to pay attention to:
1) Candidates may contact the Education Department of the Embassy in Kathmandu or the Consulate General of India in Birgunj directly.
2) Candidates should clearly mention their address, contact number, email address etc. in the online application form. Any change in address / telephone / mobile number should be notified immediately through a letter signed by the candidate.
3) In case of incorrect data or information to be filled in the form and required documents as requested, the application / candidature / scholarship may be rejected immediately and the subsequent claim will not be accepted.
4) Since the filled form cannot be corrected again, please read carefully the information or instruction given by the student or parent before filling the online form. For future correspondence / references, the candidate should keep the email address and password safe.
5) All rights to accept and reject any application shall be reserved at the Embassy of India.
Only the application submitted by the applicant will be accepted by the Indian Embassy. Applications submitted through any of Nepal's educational consultants' intermediaries / agencies will not be accepted by the embassy. Students are warned to beware of such persons / agencies. Applications received through such agencies and individuals will be rejected.
International Scholarship Government Job