Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2023 - 24 for Class 11 Nepalese Students
The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme (MGSS) from Nepali nationals studying in Nepal.
The Online Application may be submitted through the web portal www.goischolarship.com.np
The last date for submission of the application is December 26, 2023.
MAHATMA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2023-24
- The candidate should be a regular student of Class 11 in any recognized educational institute in Nepal. Proof of student studying in Class 11th attested by Principal / Head of Institute to be uploaded.
- Candidate should have secured at least 60% aggregate marks at the High School (Class 10th). Mark- Sheet of Class 10th to be uploaded.
- The candidate should be a citizen of Nepal. Citizenship Certificate of self or parent to be uploaded.
- Proof in respect of physically challenged candidates issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- The family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum. Income proof issued by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head to be uploaded.
- Note: Those who are receiving scholarships from any other source are not eligible to apply.
2. Scholarship Amount and Duration:
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs. 2,000/- per month.
The scholarship will continue in the second year provided that the awardees clear the class 11. The student should submit a copy of class 11 passed mark sheet along with present status of the student stating that he/she is studying in class 12 authenticated (with seal) by the principal/ administrator of the college/institute.
The documents should be submitted latest by November 2023 either physically at Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or via email: [email protected], failing which the scholarship may be terminated. The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails in Class 11 or discontinues study or any other valid reason.
- Applicants are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/e-mail address clearly in online Application Form, and also upload a recent passport size photograph. Any change in address/ telephone/ mobile number should be intimated immediately through a letter bearing the candidate’s signature.
- Filling up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in absence of documents as mentioned in the ‘documents required’ column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidature/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
- Before filling up the application form online, students/guardian are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there is no scope for modification in online system once form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and Password in safe custody for future correspondence/reference.
- The Embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.
Indian Embassy accepts applications directly from applicants only. But the embassy does not recognize the application made through any educational consultant or intermediary or agency in Nepal.
All students are requested to be cautious with such unauthorized entities or persons. Applications received through such unauthorized bodies or individuals will be cancelled.
For more information about filling the online application form or if you have any other queries, you can write to [email protected].Notice Government Scholarship NEB Class 11 International Scholarship Scholarship in Nepal