UGC Call to Apply for Bachelor Level Engineering and Medicine Scholarship (Dom, Badi, Chamar, and Musahar Students): University Grants Commission, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur Important Notice for Scholarships for Low Income Level Dom, Badi, Chamar and Musahar Students for Undergraduate Studies in Engineering and Medicine
The Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology aims to provide access to undergraduate programs in engineering and medicine to the students of Dom, Badi, Chamar, and Musahar castes who are lagging far behind in the field of education.
This scholarship will be provided to the students who fulfill the minimum qualification criteria within the budget limit as per the Special Scholarship Rules of Procedure, 2072, if the students get the opportunity in engineering or medical subjects, the cost of their studies will be borne by the government.
This information has been published to fill the application form placed on the Commission's website: www.ugcnepal.edu.np and submit the application along with the following qualifying documents by 5:00 pm on 2078-10-25.
Documents and minimum qualifications to be attached with the application:
- Nepali citizenship.
- The accredited educational institution from Indigenous University.
- Evidence that the Dom, Wadi, Chamar, and Musahar communities belong to the caste by the Government of Nepal or the body designated by the Government.
- Passed SLC / SEE examination in first class from community school
- Proof of (at least GPA 2.4 according to letter grading system).
- Evidence recommendation from the local body (municipality) to open a low-income transaction.
- Students studying as export students.
- Proof of passing the entrance examination taken by the concerned educational institution or having a definite basis for admission
- A student who has been studying for more than two consecutive years and has passed the level examination.
For more information, please contact:
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Phone no. 01-6638548, 01-6638549, 01-6638550
Extension no. 122, Fax no. : 01-6638552
Date of publication of information for the first time: 2078-10-4 (18th January 2022)
Government Scholarship Scholarship in Nepal